advertisement

Rega Elicit R input 1 stopped working

eac63

Has anyone experienced the following problem with the Rega Elicit R.

The amp is about 5 weeks old, I use the input 1 with a Rega Fono MC connected to the line in connector for input 1.

Until last night this was working perfectly, suddenly the sound level dropped to a whisper through the speakers and a distinct humming could be heard in the left hand channel only.

I moved the connections to input 2 all works perfectly.

Left the system overnight and tried again with the same result.

The humming on input 1 remains the same regardless of whether a cable is attached or not.

I’d be interested if anyone else has experienced a similar issue before returning it to the dealer

It's obviously not supposed to do that so take it back, get it looked at, it should ideally be replaced for a new unit... personally, I'd insist it was.

The right to insist on a replacement is within 30 days (i.e. your right to reject the goods), but I would certainly push very hard for it.

Any repair must be completed within a reasonable time frame. You only have to accept one repair or replacement; if it fails again after that you can reject the goods and insist on a refund.

Input 1 on the Elecit R has a switchable dual function. As I recall the standard setting is as a MM phono input, so if you have not changed the input switch to "line level", then you need to change the setting. If you look on the Rega website it is explained under "Product Details".

If you already have the input 1 setting in the correct line level position when using you Rega Fono, then it needs to go back to Rega for repair.

The right to insist on a replacement is within 30 days (i.e. your right to reject the goods), but I would certainly push very hard for it.

Any repair must be completed within a reasonable time frame. You only have to accept one repair or replacement; if it fails again after that you can reject the goods and insist on a refund.
Tell that to a certain brand who’s products come in shoebox sized die cast casework (no, not Rega), I got absolutely nowhere.

advertisement

Back