advertisement

Trump Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think normalization of the ridiculous is easier because American citizens have evolved through training to ignore inconvenient truth in favor of personal happy meals to remain functional.

We have Founding Fathers who were not plantation owners with slaves, but men of means. We didn’t slaughter the indigenous peoples during a rapacious period of growth and greed, we underwent a necessary expansion.

We aren’t overlorded by a capitalist caste of 1% or less that owns 90% the wealth and encourages a system that treats citizens of color and less means in a way reminiscent of those slaves and indigenous, but rather we’re enterprising people who pull ourselves up by our bootstraps with rugged individualism.

tl;dr
The media is just another entity with a conscience papered-over with dollars.

I think normalization of the ridiculous is easier because American citizens have evolved through training to ignore inconvenient truth in favor of personal happy meals to remain functional.

We have Founding Fathers who were not plantation owners with slaves, but men of means. We didn’t slaughter the indigenous peoples during a rapacious period of growth and greed, we underwent a necessary expansion.

We aren’t overlorded by a capitalist caste of 1% or less that owns 90% the wealth and encourages a system that treats citizens of color and less means in a way reminiscent of those slaves and indigenous, but rather we’re enterprising people who pull ourselves up by our bootstraps with rugged individualism.

tl;dr

Well, we must remain functional.

The orange shit gibbons latest twitter edict is that all USA companies should stop trading with China.... oh and that the head of the federal reserve, appointed by trump, is now "the enemy"...

tl;dr
All nations have their myths-lies that they believe about themselves but the US seems to have many more than usual - it's as if it was manufactured that way - the great experiment seems like it should now be ended

I believe the nation that can produce this must be considered over-ripe for a fall:

pumpkin-spice-455.png

The orange shit gibbons latest twitter edict is that all USA companies should stop trading with China.... oh and that the head of the federal reserve, appointed by trump, is now "the enemy"...
I believe he said something like “a bigger enemy than China”. If I were China’s leader, I’d be asking him “So, we’re enemies then?”

I've also always said from the start that Trump, inadvertently through his uncaring, self-regarding attitude, is exposing the ills in US & the underbelly of the myths & lies at its heart - the racism, the gun madness, the control by fear, the corporate control of the country & its people.

I contended that the 'establishment' would become uncomfortable with him eventually as he was exposing things which normally go unspoken/unnoticed in the normal course of US life. He's brought all these issues bubbling up to the surface. Perhaps that's the only way there could possibly be any change in the US - when a crises such as Trump comes along?

This article seems to also posit something like this idea - that perhaps https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/23/us/trump-obama-change-blake/index.html

tl;dr

Euphemistically called:
Manifest destiny

If it takes another recession (caused by the Orange Anus) to convince the 'deplorables' that they made a mistake taking the USA backwards socially many decades then bring it on. Nero can tweet while Washington burns, hopefully out of the ashes of a vile Republican Senate and Administration a rebirth of what the Founding Fathers envisaged will occur.

Martin,

What percentage of US voters will continue to support President Phuckface von Clownstick even if the economy tanks?

That’s the question.

Joe

Martin,

What percentage of US voters will continue to support President Phuckface von Clownstick even if the economy tanks?

That’s the question.

Joe
His miscalculation- that the Chinese will capitulate first. He doesn’t understand Chinese history and the privations the Chinese people have endured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back