advertisement

Naim Lavender IC

Sorry, you are quite right, on further checking it was the ‘Chord Sarum T Super Tuned Aray’ that I was loaned and this is just over 2K a metre.

The lavender is an exceptional cable for the low, low price. I tried several kilobuck cables trying to replace it in the context of a 6-pack DBL active system, and I kept returning to the lavender. This includes the Hiline. It may look quite uninspiring and its low price may sap its street credibility....but like the long defunct Chord Chrysalis can not only see of the big names, but also the higher priced cables in their own product line. For those that are into that sort of thing, getting a cryo treatment on the lavender provides even greater VFM.

I think a Chord Signature Tuned Aray Din to Din cable RRP is around £800 for a metre.

Sorry, you are quite right, on further checking it was the ‘Chord Sarum T Super Tuned Aray’ that I was loaned and this is just over 2K a metre.

Old post resurrected by Jimdog.

I have the Chord Signature TA full loom on 282/HicapDR/250DR. The cables brought an appreciable difference to my system, an uplift in sound quality but I couldn't recommend the cables if based on a value perspective. It is poor value unless one is using 500 series Naim amplification IMO.

There isn't much between the Chord Signature TA and Flashback RCA to 5-pin DIN that connects the DAC to the preamp. The marked difference in sound quality came when I substituted the standard Naim cables that connect the Hicap DR to the 250DR and 282 with the Chord Signature TA, a discussion which is prohibited on the Naim forum.

The RRP of the Chord Signature TA is around £800 but I bought the 3 cables used at £550 each which came out to be around £1,650. Poor value but diminishing returns apply when it comes to cabling. The end result is what that matters.

In summary, if the cable is meant to connect the source to a Naim preamp, instead off the Chord Signature TA I would suggest something considerably cheaper.

if the cable is meant to connect the source to a Naim preamp, instead off the Chord Signature TA I would suggest something considerably cheaper.
I have a 272 so the preamp and DAC/source are connected by its internal wiring.
I have a 15 year old black SNAIC (4pin to 4-pin DIN) from 272 to NAP 150x.
I'm wondering whether there's a way to upgrade this SNAIC?

(I should state, pre-emptively, that, yes, I do believe that some cables can and often do make small or even large differences to the sound of a hifi system. It is utterly pointless trying to persuade me otherwise, so please do not bother trying to do so.)

advertisement

Back