advertisement

Loudspeaker stands

amazement

pfm Member
What preference would Tablette ten owners have regarding speaker stands? I just sold my Something Solid stands I used with my Harbeth P3's and now want a suitable stand for the Proac.

I have looked at the Custom design SQ404 which is similar looking and design to the Target RF4 of old or the Partington super dreadnought, a bit more industrial looking.

If it were you what would be your choice and why?

ProAc always used to dem with and recommend really heavy Target R series stands, so I’d assume you need a really high-mass stand to get the best out of those speakers. I remember comparing Tablette 50 Sigs on Kan stands and R4s and they really did need the high mass to my ears. Some speakers do, others sound far better on open-frame.

Agree with what you say Tony, I used them on the Something solids which are open frame, didn't really fit exactly up on the top so uused them turned 90 degree to fit. The Custom Design SQ404 is very similar looking to the Target stand which can be filled.

Something I could buy cheaply secondhand. Unless you live in the Outer Hebrides you will find any number of speaker stands for sale in your area for loose change. Buy some you like the look of, if they sound good keep them, if not buy something else that you prefer and sell them on.

My speaker stands were a fiver on Gumtree, in great condition and nice sounding.

Pity you're in middle England, as I have lead shot filled Target HS20 single pillars weighing over 13 kg each in Norwich. Not sure if 20" or 24" would be better for Tablettes, though mine were perfect for both my early Diamonds and larger Rogers LS6a.

just bought some solidsteel stands for my P3's and I am really impressed.

Was looking at the something solid stands but not that wife friendly well not with mine anyway.

I had to go down the wife (and daughter) friendly route when I bought speaker stands recently. That meant Atacam Moseco 6's in dark wood for the living room and in the lighter, natural finish for my daughters flat. They seem fine to me.

I baulked at the cost of the dedicated stands for my Wilson Benesch Square Ones so they'd just on an ancient pair Target stands I've had for donkey's years, but sound fine.

Yes has to be wife friendly, the something solid stands only just got passed so something that looks like a pylon is definitely out.

I would prefer 60cm height too.

They are not that bad once in place they are 625mm high but that includes spikes.

Did pick up some second hand Skylan stands but had the wrong spikes so had to return them. They were reasonable wife friendly.

You need Target R3’s - perfect size. And rotation too as they are designed to work ‘sideways’

advertisement

Back