advertisement

Parking Charge

Chuck all the threats in the bin and refuse to pay even when taken to court.

Let us know what it`s like in prison.

You can’t ignore them anymore since they have been allowed to chase registered keepers.
It’ll end up in court and unless you have a valid excuse, they will win and you’ll end up paying far more.

This wasn't a penalty charge from a council but on private land, there is a difference one is a fine and one is an invoice, I didn’t even park I stopped on land near a service station at East Midlands Airport.

My thinking is you have enough stress with that issue of stolen goods , ones immune system can only take so much stress before you get ill . pay it and forget about it . life is too short

I think the only defence these days is to prove the notices on the land were not clear enough. You used to be able to say that the penalty was disproportionate to the inconvenience the land owner suffered, but even that one doesn't work these days.
Pay up and move on. It's not worth the stress

If you don't pay, they might sue you. I have been ignoring something like this for 3 years despite dire warnings of being sued. They have another 3 years to take it to Court if they wish.

Beavis v. Parking Eye in the Supreme Court settled the issue of disproportionate charges in favour of the parking company.

You could usefully tell us what land so we can avoid it.

There is a service station on the right as you pull in to the airport, to the left of the service station there is some land with parking for Taxis, don’t go there.

Just had a look at the airport website and found the following under ‘Taxi’: “Arrow Cars is the exclusive Private Hire TAXI partner at East Midlands Airport, the only taxi company able to pick-up and drop-off customers on the terminal front.” My guess would be that they pay handsomely for that privilege, are required to rent a section of land for their cars so protect it with ANPR. They probably tire also of folk avoiding the £3 charge by ‘just’ waiting on their patch when they meet passengers so are merciless with their so-called penalty notices (i.e. invoices). Unless you can prove against them on inadequate signage, you might decide that discretion is the better part of thingummy and pay up.

This wasn't a penalty charge from a council but on private land, there is a difference one is a fine and one is an invoice, I didn’t even park I stopped on land near a service station at East Midlands Airport.

Irrelevant.
By going on their land you accepted their contractual terms and conditions.
As long as their signage meets regs you are screwed.

advertisement

Back