advertisement

AE Aegis Ones

madmike

I feel much better now, I really do...
What are they like? Just picked up a pair from a charity shop...£3 each!!!! They are very heavy for their size. Popped the covers and the drivers are all unmarked and undented. Cabinets have some blu tac residue which will come off easily.

You're not going to lose much if you don't like them. Could be ideal for 2nd system or use out doors if the need arose.

They were a pretty decent budget speaker in their day. Not a AE1 but good value, for probably £200 a pair back at the turn of the century. If they work at all they are worth ten times what you paid!

IIRC, we sold these in Audio Excellence. Do they have white drive units? Around the £150 mark I think. .. though it was a while ago now. As I recall they competed with the likes of KEF Cresta 1 and 2, small Regas etc. Frankly I preferred the Cresta 2 in most appropriately priced systems, but the AE was no slouch. I'd say 3 quid each is something of a bargain.. :)

The main drive units are black. I have seen the white ones when I was researching them online. I used to have the floor standing AE109s and found them quite boring to be honest.

Are they the same as these first generation 'Aegis Model 1'? Tweeter was the same Seas metal dome version of the classic H253 as fitted to AE1.

I remember thinking them the best sounding of the budget AE models when they showed up at the local dealers.

iu

The best thing to use to remove Blu-Tack is Blu-Tack.

The old blu tac just rubbed off with an old towelling cloth. The main units are white...not black as I first thought.
DSC_7048_zpsquuc9g3t.jpg

I don't get it...the picture in my post above..."The old blu tac..." is not showing as I view the thread but when I try to edit it and remove the faulty link the image is all there in the edit box. Weird!

advertisement

Back