advertisement

James O'Brien

Woodface

pfm Member
Never listened to his show, not a fan of his know all persona & that mannered way he wears headphones but he really does play JC supporters like a fiddle. He tweets something provocative about Corbyn, his supporters all pile in & he gets further coverage. Top tip just ignore him, this is how social media works. Yet another MSM conspiracy, hilarious.

Not a fan either.

Screens callers to allow his show & himself to flourish.

Guy is a fraud.

A few here have actually been sucked in by him,which I find surprising.

Not a fan either.

Screens callers to allow his show & himself to flourish.

Guy is a fraud.

A few here have actually been sucked in by him,which I find surprising.
Oh I agree, the irony being that his cast iron certainty of being right & 'man of the people' shtick is exactly the persona that JCs political supporters often assume themselves. He has taken the 'I'm as mad as hell & I just can't take it anymore' from the excellent film Network & made it an all too real ratings winner.

The show is aimed in one direction, to make O'Brien look good to his flock. It's a waste of an intelligence IMO as I imagine he could, if he wanted, face down more opposition than he chooses to but it's not the point of the show. His credibility, albeit self manipulated, is all that matters.

When he grows up he will be great. Up until now, he just comes across as an aggressive bully. He's no spring chicken, though. So he may end up like James Whale did.

Answers from the BBC regarding his hasty departure from Newsnight would also be welcome.

When he grows up he will be great. Up until now, he just comes across as an aggressive bully. He's no spring chicken, though. So he may end up like James Whale did.

Answers from the BBC regarding his hasty departure from Newsnight would also be welcome.

Iirc he resigned because he felt he had become too politicised by brexit and therefore couldn't be neutral any longer. There's a few other journalists who would do well to follow his example.

I suspect a big cheque from LBC helped him along with his decision though...

I like him.

He can be over the top, he's a radio show host (what do you expect?).

Putting aside the politics, he's confident enough to be both thoughtful and reflective of his own views. To me that demonstrates real intelligence. He says that he left the BBC because he couldn't express his own views. There's a lot of opinionated dross out there and if that's what you prefer then it's fine with me. No great loss to the BBC I would think, they can fill their boots with Bannon all they like...

I like him.

He can be over the top, he's a radio show host (what do you expect?).

Putting aside the politics, he's confident enough to be both thoughtful and reflective of his own views. To me that demonstrates real intelligence. He says that he left the BBC because he couldn't express his own views. There's a lot of opinionated dross out there and if that's what you prefer then it's fine with me. No great loss to the BBC I would think, they can fill their boots with Bannon all they like...
Generally people don't mind bias as long as they agree with it

Generally people don't mind bias as long as they agree with it

Ha ha. That kind of nonsense goes both ways doesn’t it?

As an aside we all not without bias, that’s how we learn, communicate and understand each other.

I agree with most of his views but still do not like him, so he is more likely to to turn me onto the other side of whatever he is talking about.

I can't stand his style sometimes...very patronising, however he sees things differently to me which is interesting to listen to. He is also a balance to other presenters on LBC.

Tabloid talk radio such as LBC is a truly dreadful thing however you cut it. I’d not listen to it in a million years. In a sewer filled with the likes of Nick Ferrari, Nigel Farage etc O’Brien floats to the top as he does at least have some fundamental logic to his arguments, but he threw away a far more credible career on Newsnight. I have no idea why.

I suspect his ego has got in the way of the ££££££££. We have only heard O Brien claim he resigned because of his own politics etc. I'd like to know how much pressure was put on him first. I suspect a lot.

That internet station he works for no doubt leaves his ego completely alone.

advertisement

Back