advertisement

Auralic Vega G2

Colin L

High-tech low-life
I've been using an Aurender N100H and a Vega DAC for the past 3 years and the itch started again.
Having had a demo at Audio Emotion those lovely people / troublemakers sent me a Vega G2 for home demo, which arrived Friday.

First impressions are its a very big step up from the Vega. I also tried the streaming option in the Vega 2 and while its a nice add-on, sonically its not in the same league as the Aurender. Also, I hate the Auralic Lightning control app. its not a patch on Aurender Conductor.

Now the fun. Angus, Amber Audio of this parish, is popping round this afternoon with his Aries G2 streamer to listen to the ensemble and swap about. This could get expensive, for both of us :D

just got my Vega G2 in same shipment, hooked up to an Aries G2 I got here a few month back, a bit harsh to start with but after 48 hrs sounding better to my ears

next itch to scratch is the HDMI cable for L -Link

biggest gripe is no remote, which is fine for the streamer but a serious oversight for a DAC that I also hook my telly and turntable up to

don't care what Auralic say about there learning remote app, so far I have tried 4 others and none are doing what I need,

FFS just stick a cheap remote in !

Gary/Marion will be getting a call Monday !

just got my Vega G2 in same shipment, hooked up to an Aries G2 I got here a few month back, a bit harsh to start with but after 48 hrs sounding better to my ears
next itch to scratch is the HDMI cable for L -Link
biggest gripe is no remote, which is fine for the streamer but a serious oversight for a DAC that I also hook my telly and turntable up to
don't care what Auralic say about there learning remote app, so far I have tried 4 others and none are doing what I need,

Hi Stephen
Try this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077J5YXNH/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
works fine with the Vega G2. Hope you are getting on fine with the Aries G2 - I'll be interested to hear how you find the Aries G2/ Vega G2 combo compared to streaming on the Vega G2 only.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Thanks Mike, remote is perfect for purpose and dealer saw me right [Audio Emotion]

I was running the Aries and Vega with the supplied Lightning Link which sounded pretty good, but just swapped in my AQ Diamond AES EBU cable today and quite simply put the supplied L Link cable seems to be strangling the partnership between the G2's
Its no wonder the manufacturer is pushing to upgrade to a better L Link cable

So the AES will be traded in very quickly for the L Link equivalent

How are you finding the pairing Colin ?

Very nice indeed. The vega G2’s is miles ahead of the Vega so I’m keeping the dem unit. The Aries G2’s adds a lot compared to streaming with the Vega G2.

The difference between the Aries G2 and my current Aurender is, to me, down to flavour. The Aries is perhaps a little more detailed and emphatic in the bass, but the Aurender is warmer and a bit more analogue sounding.

I’ll likely keep the Aries and go with Roon for control instead of the Lightning software, which I dislike.

Interesting to hear you’ve gone with the better i/c and I’d value your further thoughts on this. Something to try in due course perhaps.

advertisement

Back