advertisement

Is this a lucky strike

mikegreenwood

pfm Member
Just inherited the following albums and may well keep some but totally lost as to value or the best place to trade or sell.
Condition is excellent, Mint is a strong word but I can’t think of another one for the vinyl, and 8 to 9/10 on covers and inners. Most look as though they have had next to no use.
Any advice appreciated.

Beatles.. Please please me. Parlophone
The Beatles 1962/66 Apple double album.
Rubber soul. Parlophone
The Beatles HELP.
With the Beatles. Parlophone 1968.
The Beatles 1967/70. Apple
Hard days night. Parlophone 1964
The Beatles Raritites. Parlophone
Let it be. Apple.
Abbey road.
Sgt pepper. Incl. picture

Dark side of the moon.
Stones Rolled gold. Double.
Carol King Tapestry
Gram Parsons.
Lindisfarne. Finest hour.
ELO Out of the blue.
ELO Secret messages.

Queen. Live Magic.
Night at the opera.
The works.
Kind of Magic.
Queen JAZZ.
Queen. One vision.

All the Beatles, and DSOTM vary in worth depending on condition & how early (or late) the pressing is. Most of the other albums are what would be called 'catalogue' items, where value is largely dependent on condition, but few would be sold to the public for much more than £15 by a dealer.
To help with determining what you have, Discogs (www.discogs.com) is a good place to start, but be prepared to wade through numerous versions of each of the Beatles' and the Floyd to get to the actual copy you have.

The devil is in the detail with the Beatles stuff...been so many different issues of each. Sleeve, label and runoff groove detail are what you need to focus on. As mentioned Discogs is your friend, albeit it may be somewhat scary to navigate with this lot.

Have fun.

It takes a while to get the hang of the detail on Discogs, check everything, then check it again...

Start with Dark Side... there are MANY copies and you may have struck gold...

If you have poor eyes then get a magnifying glass and a good table lamp.

The.
Have fun.

It takes a while to get the hang of the detail on Discogs, check everything, then check it again...

Start with Dark Side... there are MANY copies and you may have struck gold...

If you have poor eyes then get a magnifying glass and a good table lamp.
Looks like the DSOTM could be an early pressing so some progress

Hi Gary, no, not solid blue but other points say it is early. Dealer coming to take a look, seems to have wet his appetite. Not doing deal, just a valuation of what I have. He’s very interested in Beatles and Queen albums.

Hi Gary, no, not solid blue but other points say it is early. Dealer coming to take a look, seems to have wet his appetite. Not doing deal, just a valuation of what I have. He’s very interested in Beatles and Queen albums.

Good to hear. I have a good friend who runs a stall in a local market, and he also loves to get Beatles and Queen albums as he can sell them all day long (along with Floyd, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac etc). However this doesn't mean they are 'valuable' just popular.

advertisement

Back