advertisement

Paddy Power - Huddersfield Town Shirt (un) sponsorship

Woodface

pfm Member
Not sure if this has crossed into the wider world but the Paddy Power shirt sponsorship campaign of my beloved Huddersfield Town has been a thing a wonder. Probably fooled more people than the Hitler Diaries. Daily Mail sports writer Ian Herbert has been totally owned over the whole thing & is currently doubling down on the outrage.

Got a foul gambling company a lot of free publicity.
Huddersfield should be hammered for this.

Well I found this nearly as funny as Michael O'Leary (Ryanair) saying passengers were going to have to pay to use the loo.

Huddersfield were sponsored by a gambling company last year also, as are many clubs. This year after a burst of publicity they will not be carrying a sponsors logo. Pretty nimble IMHO. Let's not get all moralistic about football, look who backs last year's champions & the general obscene disparities of wealth therein. I think my team have done a good job of subventing this.

Huddersfield were sponsored by a gambling company last year also, as are many clubs. This year after a burst of publicity they will not be carrying a sponsors logo. Pretty nimble IMHO. Let's not get all moralistic about football, look who backs last year's champions & the general obscene disparities of wealth therein. I think my team have done a good job of subventing this.

I’m hope you’re not slagging City off! However, good luck Huddersfield next season, I've had some great away days there and now we know they’ve got a sense of humour.

I’m hope you’re not slagging City off! However, good luck Huddersfield next season, I've had some great away days there and now we know they’ve got a sense of humour.
No I am not sagging City off, they have a loyal & long suffering fan base who are enjoying their spell of dominance (like I'm sure we did in the 20's). I was using them as an illustration of how football is not an exemplar of moral rectitude.

Was there a time when you had to pay extra for the sponsor's logo to go on the front of the shirt, so you could look like the players, or am I imagining things? A marketing team's wet dream!

edit. I should’ve put a smiley on my previous post :) I’m also not entirely comfortable with what’s going on in football.

Not forgetting 888Bet, 247Bet, BetterBet, EvenBettererBet, UltraBet and my tip for the top, LookJustBetAlrightYouCretin

They think it's all over ... well it is now.

hook wins the thread.

Hoorah! My first ever thread win! Thanks Still!

oDZNolN.jpg

advertisement

Back