advertisement

Akiva off for a rebuild...

Michael L

pfm Member
By Armour Home who will:

Replace the cantilever and diamond with a new Ogura fine line.
Rewind the coil/armature with new copper wire.
Replace the tie-wire assembly/suspension with new.
Clean & run full operating tests.

£350 plus VAT and postage.

Can't wait, I love the Akiva...

And a fantastic job they do. Never ever consider a cut and shunt from other well known “rebuilders”

And a fantastic job they do. Never ever consider a cut and shunt from other well known “rebuilders”

Who are you referring to?

I’ve had Expert Stylus rebuild my Linn Klyde several times and they’ve always removed the old stylus and replaced it with a new one. The original cantilever remained.

IIANM, the only Goldring sourced Linn cartridge is the Adikt. Apparently, Goldring were contracted to do the official Linn MC rebuilds when Linn were offering that service, so they will have had lots of experience.

Armour Home sounds like the place that Martin Clunes' character Gary Strang worked at on 'Men Behaving Badly'.

IIANM, the only Goldring sourced Linn cartridge is the Adikt. Apparently, Goldring were contracted to do the official Linn MC rebuilds when Linn were offering that service, so they will have had lots of experience.

Armour Home sounds like the place that Martin Clunes' character Gary Strang worked at on 'Men Behaving Badly'.
Adikt is a 1042 in a party frock......
Never liked the 1042.
Goldring rebuilt ASAKA is superb.

That rather depends on your viewpoint

There are those who would say that the purchaser has purchased a collection of third party cartridge elements "McGuivered" into an Akiva body which from the original owners comments must have been rather less acceptable to him than the original.

Sales clearly isn't the OP's business!

advertisement

Back