advertisement

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

A good toss to lose! We certainly had the better of the conditions but Woakes and Archer bowled beautifully.

It’s a done deal. Roy and Archer in against Ireland... and barring any issues issues onwards to the Ashes.

A more immediate concern is Bairstow...

Depends on the wicket. But we are awash with bowling options. How do you leave Woakes and Stokes out?

Ireland game is at Lords. They may revert to Moeen as their spin option...

Why not just keep the WC team and slip half a Mogadon in their tea to slow them down to Test Match speed?

On second thoughts, don’t bother - let them go full pelt. Then Boycott would auto-combust from apoplexy and I could listen to TMS again without having to switch off every hour or so.

England have proven many times over that their aggresive short form game does not translate to test cricket

I know what you mean, but I'm not sure that Australia are much more endowed with "authentic" test players than we are.

England have proven many times over that their aggresive short form game does not translate to test cricket

But it can be edged closer to success by better shot selection given the longer time. There is a place for 6s and 4s in Test Cricket ... just not every second shot.

Wow. Just wow. That first half hour this morning was unbloodybelievable. Never seen anything like it. Brilliant bowling performance.

Had to resort to doing the ironing when Smith and Scary looked like they could put on a big total, but that run out of Smith by Butler - talk about poetic justice, being nutmegged and run out like that - brilliant play.

Unlike Jason Roys dismissal - I really hope that dumb umpire has nightmares about that decision - criminal - just like the actual appeal ( let's all appeal and save a wide - which it was - because he was nowhere near the ball and they knew it, the despicable criminals)

Anyway , justice was served.

Strewth II. Son of Strewth.

Now we have the opportunity to remove the flat vowel sound from world class cricket.

Why not just keep the WC team and slip half a Mogadon in their tea to slow them down to Test Match speed?

On second thoughts, don’t bother - let them go full pelt. Then Boycott would auto-combust from apoplexy and I could listen to TMS again without having to switch off every hour or so.

No no. I have tickets for the Manchester test, day 4.
It wouldn’t reach day 4 playing like that.

Still might not...

What a tremendous win that was! I’ve got day 1 Headingley and day 3 Old Trafford to look forward to. Ace.

advertisement

Back