advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

the ls25 has great synergy within my system...little delicacies here and their. music definitely sounds more open and airy, more forward in it's presentation. high's are just gorgeous and sweet, tho i think the 'raal ribbon' tweeter plays it's part here. i can just hear a little more into the music...about 15hrs run time so far.

tough question i ask myself is if all the small positives are worth 3 times the cost of the qed cable!

Did Colin design the Belkin PureAV hybrid speaker cables that were snapped up a few years back?

Don't know, but just pulled the trigger on a used set. It will be interesting to see if any difference over the TQ Blue and Van Damme I currently use.

Sorry no, not had time yet, loads of overseas guests last few weeks and the disruption to existing kit is a mental hurdle.

After reading all 34 pages of this thread (and any other threads I could find),I’ve pulled the trigger on the LS-25 with matching jumpers. Can’t wait to see how it compares with the TQB. I live all the way in Asia though. Hope shipping doesn’t take long...

I do hope so. As much as I liked the TQB, I always felt there was a sort of veil over the mids and highs. Let’s see how this works with my Mc and ATCs.

Well they are in including the jumpers but I notice the LS-25 isn’t anywhere on the cables. First impressions definitely a lot more bass and mids. Makes low volume listening a lot better too. I’ll give it some time before I make a verdict but I like them for now.

Actually I wouldn’t say it’s muted at all. Listening to it now, it basically has more of everything the TQB has. Someone earlier said it’s sort of like a veil lifted and i second that. Of course this has just been playing for an hour so it’s way too early to conclude.

i agree, the ls-25 is the cable that will be in my system for a good while...a quality cable!

the new branding has just 'ewa' on the heatshrink.

This has probably been discussed before but do you guys connect the cables to the woofer or tweeter posts ? Does it really matter? My “theory” is that the woofer requires more power so I connect them to the woofer posts but I could be totally wrong.

Did Colin design the Belkin PureAV hybrid speaker cables that were snapped up a few years back?

Had a quick speaker cable play today TQ Blue vs Belkin Pre AV vs Mogami 3104 (ex of CK). The TQ Blue was the incumbent having replaced Naim NAC A5 cables when I had an all Naim front end into Shahinian Arcs a few years back. Kit today was Synology NAS streaming into Audionet DNA 2 powering Decware ERR. Software was Audionet RCP with slight room correction derived from Audionet CAMRA measurements. I played same 3 tracks for each. It was all very close - I can live with all of them. I think the Belkin was the best overall with a strong sound and each of the kids in the background chorus of Talk Talk's Happiness is Easy coming almost individually alive. However the Mogami is staying because I like the solidity of the spade connections - CK did a great job - and one of the Belkin's banana plus arrived bent and subsequently snapped. I think I'll do another test in my 2nd system comparing the Van Damme with the TQ and Belkin when latter is fixed. It must be said that the adjustments for the room correction had FAR more effect than subsequently changing the cables - I had tad too much energy coming through in the 1k-2k range.

Nice write up Rana, and thanks for the comment, you're more than welcome! glad you like the build quality ....... and the DNA :)

I may have to pick your brains re the room correction, I've still not tried that on mine yet!! What mic did you use?

PS have you tried re-running KARMA with the Mogami in place?

Nice write up Rana, and thanks for the comment, you're more than welcome! glad you like the build quality ....... and the DNA :)

I may have to pick your brains re the room correction, I've still not tried that on mine yet!! What mic did you use?

PS have you tried re-running KARMA with the Mogami in place?

Thanks CK - DNA is running in nicely. I used a UMIK-1 with the CARMA software and the import of the mike calibration file was easy. All went well - once I read the manual 3 times! However I had to import the room measurement file from CARMA into the RCP to apply the corrections as the CARMA had greyed out all the network parameters and it wasn't picking up the DNA 2.

BTW if Colin Wonfor did design the Belkin, he did a sterling job!

Thanks CK - DNA is running in nicely. I used a UMIK-1 with the CARMA software and the import of the mike calibration file was easy. All went well - once I read the manual 3 times! However I had to import the room measurement file from CARMA into the RCP to apply the corrections as the CARMA had greyed out all the network parameters and it wasn't picking up the DNA 2.

BTW if Colin Wonfor did design the Belkin, he did a sterling job!
No guilty sorry.

advertisement

Back