advertisement

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘I’m going to put more money into education, police, infrastructure, Midlands powerhouse’

‘My hero is Pericles ‘for the many not the few’ of Athens’

Is Boris a Marxist?

Or, whose promises are most Marxist, Corbyn or Johnson?
It sounded like he plucked a few lies down from his gilded lie tree, bit into one to check it was indeed a lie then tossed them to the the ingénue from talk radio.

https://twitter.com/bbcpolitics/status/1143391844287619072?s=21

Reminiscent of the Maybot at her worst. Just keep repeating the same thing, before collapsing into incoherence. We’ve way overestimated this guy, just like May before him. Shows how much these people depend on a wholly compliant media: the moment the slightest challenge is offered they just fold.
You can tell he’s simply sticking to the lines he’s been given by his fluffer. Paradoxically it serves his purpose which is time wasting in an interview.

It sounded like he plucked a few lies down from his gilded lie tree, bit into one to check it was indeed a lie then tossed them to the the ingénue from talk radio.

Paid for by tax cuts? The Laffer Curve is just having a laugh.

Johnson's not strong on economic detail. Unless it's his own income, then he's a bloody genius.

Stephen

At one point in the interview with Gordon Brown today about Boris not representing the Union, the interviewer asked, ‘and what would Boris say to that’. I was waiting for GB to say, ‘well! I’m sure Boris would say, phar phar phaaaaar wotho pnmmm arghh hey ol boy’, but he didn’t which was a shame because it, or something else incomprehensible like it is his usual nonsensical response to a question he doesn’t have an answer to that he never seems to get picked up on.

Earlier today Johnny Mercer was saying that we must support Boris to keep out the Marxists and Communists. He wasn’t picked up on this nonsense either of course.

Words don’t seem to mean anything anymore. We seem to have developed political aspirations that are expressed by dreams and feelings about politicians who appear to address them in some way. Words and meaning have become irrelevant.

I need a drink....

Earlier today Johnny Mercer was saying that we must support Boris to keep out the Marxists and Communists. He wasn’t picked up on this nonsense either of course.

I think this is the most frustrating thing about the current situation - Corbyn gives them a free hit - a more mainstream Labour leader on a clear 2nd Ref ticket would be a much tougher proposition to compete with....

I think this is the most frustrating thing about the current situation - Corbyn gives them a free hit - a more mainstream Labour leader on a clear 2nd Ref ticket would be a much tougher proposition to compete with....
Milliband had the same lies and smears flung at him by the same lying c*nts and their usual media outlets. These f**kers can say anything, whatever they want, and enough people swallow it, hook, line and sinker.

It's all spent ammunition anyway. All they can do is keep screaming the same stuff they did before, which no-one paid any attention to except complete gammon who'd never dream of voting Labour.

It's all spent ammunition anyway. All they can do is keep screaming the same stuff they did before, which no-one paid any attention to except complete gammon who'd never dream of voting Labour.
The "enough" bit is a problem, a significant chunk of the 17.4 million buy into the lies and are actually avid for it.

BBC 6 o’clock news reporting on BJ’s Talk radio interview. Do they focus on his spending promises for schools, police, infrastructure? Or his hero worship of Pericles for being a man for the many, not the few? No, of course not. They focus on him making cardboard busses ffs.

On one hand we seem to have developed a laissez faire attitude to reporting the right wing, while on the other a forensic analysis of minute detail of anything coming from the left

I need another drink

Nothing wrong with buses. Especially the ones with big numbers on their sides.

There’s votes to be had there.

Indeed, busloads I should think.

BBC 6 o’clock news reporting on BJ’s Talk radio interview. Do they focus on his spending promises for schools, police, infrastructure? Or his hero worship of Pericles for being a man for the many, not the few? No, of course not. They focus on him making cardboard busses ffs.

On one hand we seem to have developed a laissez faire attitude to reporting the right wing, while on the other a forensic analysis of minute detail of anything coming from the left

I need another drink
It will be interesting to see if they’ve taken against him and back Hunt as a matter of policy. I’m coming round to the idea that Johnson should become PM. He is the greatest existential threat to the Tory Party.

It will be interesting to see if they’ve taken against him and back Hunt as a matter of policy. I’m coming round to the idea that Johnson should become PM. He is the greatest existential threat to the Tory Party.

I’d rather not take the risk of Johnson being PM, he’s already talking about the NHS needing to be reformed - and I think we all know what that means.

I noticed that on tonight’s PM on Radio 4 that the interviewers have become so used to politicians evading questions that they’ve taken to pressing the same point even after Caroline Lucas (and a no-political interviewee) has clearly answered!

Stephen

It’s interesting how the grassroots tory supporter sees Johnson differently to how normal people see him. Where others mock the man, the tory faithful sees strength and a leader. They’re a strange bunch. After the tv ‘debate’ last week a few of them at some Tory club were asked who won. One of them reckoned Gove was the winner because he came across as a statesman. I just don’t know what it is these people see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back