advertisement

Bluetooth etc.

Vinny

pfm Member
I am being lazy - I know that knowledge here will save me endless reading...………

I use one of these to play music from my laptop via the hifi - to save you looking it is Bluetooth 4 -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CZVCYU0/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

In simple terms, will this restrict/compress, or otherwise "downgrade" anything that I play from my laptop? That includes everything from YouTube to FLAC files.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Is suspect the answer is yes as I don't see a proper spec and no mention of aptX which is the common Bluetooth solution to improved audio.

Think aptX-HD is the lossless version...could be wrong.

If you can find out which chip it is (CSR probably) then you'll be able to suss the spec better. CSR8675 is aptX-HD for instance but is BT5.0 and needs to be matched to another aptx-HD device which is where you look at your laptop wireless/Bluetooth card.

Yes, However, if you're starting with something from You Tube or whatever, i doubt you'd notice much. Bluetooth has come on a long way, but it's still not a serious source for hifi purposes. I use Bt extensively for headphones and to play whatever from my iPad through my main system; it's good enough for casual listening but not as a serious 'hifi' source.

advertisement

Back