advertisement

Corbyn at it again over Iran blowing up Oil tankers

What I asked is what you want?

To remain in the EU and keep the economy in the black (these two things are very closely linked!). That done to restore public services and infrastructure. The latter clearly can’t be done in a crashing economy with mass unemployment, hence my desire for the former. I want PR too!

People don't want Tory-lite/moderate etc anymore.

They sure as hell don’t want whatever Corbyn is offering! Every poll and recent election result highlights that (including the recent by-election where Labour would have been wiped out were the right-wing vote not split in two by Farage).

The above, like Corbyn, is just a student common room/union radical-grade argument as it stands not the slightest hope in hell of ever gaining a parliamentary majority. The question you need to ponder is which is likely more effective; a Labour majority with a moderate leader like Cooper who could actually win, lose the stain of racism etc, or a backwards-moving Corbyn-led opposition party with Johnson’s Tories the largest party even if they fall short of a majority?

It really is time to admit Corbyn has failed. It may not be fair that he has failed, but the reality is that he has.
Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.

If Corbyn doesn’t win the next election he’ll have failed. Until then he hasn’t.

Don’t forget that you wholeheartedly agree with at least 90% of Corbyn’s policies (based on the last manifesto) but you still continue with your laughable nonsense.

Suggesting that Clegg could make a comeback is your daftest yet. IIRC he couldn’t even hold on to his seat.

To remain in the EU and keep the economy in the black (these two things are very closely linked!). That done to restore public services and infrastructure. The latter clearly can’t be done in a crashing economy with mass unemployment, hence my desire for the former. I want PR too!

They sure as hell don’t want whatever Corbyn is offering! Every poll and recent election result highlights that (including the recent by-election where Labour would have been wiped out were the right-wing vote not split in two by Farage).

That’ll be the by-election Labour won. The one the Brexit Party were supposed to win because Peterborough voted overwhelmingly to leave.

Labour won. That’s what actually happened.

To remain in the EU and keep the economy in the black (these two things are very closely linked!). That done to restore public services and infrastructure. The latter clearly can’t be done in a crashing economy with mass unemployment, hence my desire for the former. I want PR too!.
Our economy is not in the black and has not been for many decades. Labour is the only realistic option to minimise the shitstorm that Cameron invoked and Boris will make even worse - if he becomes Tory Fuhrer.

This serves as another indicator as to just how tarnished and lacking in credibility Corbyn is now that he can’t even make a sensible point without drawing flack. His comment (BBC) is perfectly sensible, but he (and by connection his party) is now so indelibly stained with anti-Semitism, support for Hamas, Hezbollah etc etc etc even vacuous opportunists and Trump-toadies like Jeremy Hunt can successfully slap him back into his box. He is basically non-functional as an opposition leader and has made the whole Labour movement untenable as a political force.

I had to read that a couple of times just to be sure.

The famous Goebbels line comes to mind of course:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

So Corbyn endures more bile, hate, lies and smears from every section of the state machine and most powerful elements of the media than just about an politician in British history, and you point the finger at him as the villain!

You know part of me (a very small part) hopes that Johnson wins, does a deal with Farage and the newly constituted hard right Tory party totally fcuks pensions, services, benefits, human rights, citizens rights, the health service, and takes us into war.
Perhaps that what it takes.

The timing of the attacks is extremely suspicious with the US economy softening and the re-election attempt by an unpopular far right US president next year. After the many recent US military misadventures it’s right to be skeptical this time.

Predicted several times up to a year or more ago. And no I'm not pleased to be proved right.
USA doesn't have money for healthcare for citizens but spends more on weapons than the rest of the world put together: maybe WSA is more appropriate as in Warmongering States of America.

Seanm... in case you're wondering about the logic of this, it is because to win an election you need to be the party most appealing to those voters who traditionally flip flop between Labour and Conservative. And a Corbyn led Labour isn't it, whatever his virtues are.
If the last 4 years haven’t shaken your faith in this truism then nothing I say is likely to, but we at least need to remember that the term “moderate” means something quite different now to what it meant at the time of the leadership election – thanks to Corbyn, who has already pulled the centre ground very firmly to the left. The candidates other than Corbyn had all decided that Ed Milliband’s Labour had been too left wing and too reckless: they all promised to double down on austerity and anti-immigrant rhetoric, and no doubt – remembering the OP - we could have looked forward to some fighting talk on war as well. Personally I think that would not have played well and the party would have continued on its downwards trajectory. Have a look at Change UK if you want to get an idea of how it might have turned out.

Also worth remembering that Yvette Cooper’s position on Brexit is little different to Corbyn’s: she too was in favour of triggering of A50 at once and she remains opposed to a PV. So, a Cooper-led Labour Party would be pro-austerity, pro-privatisation, pro-war, anti-immigration – and pro-Brexit.

Where exactly would her support come from?

How do you know?
48068665166_d874bc236d_z.jpg

The underlying problem with your post Sean is that Corbyn has not "pulled the centre ground very firmly to the left". The centre ground is exactly where it was, the change is that Labour has pulled to the left and the Tories have pulled to the right. The gap for appealing to voters therefore remains to the centre, as it always was.

Trump, Bolton and Netanyahu are gagging for war with Iran and I have the horrible feeling they’re going to get one- with Boris throwing in some British casualties to show loyalty.

To remain in the EU and keep the economy in the black (these two things are very closely linked!).
You must be very cross with Clegg then for empowering the vote to leave...

That done to restore public services and infrastructure.
....and very happy with Corbyn then...

I want PR too!
...and very cross with Clegg again!!

Have you ever wondered if Corbyn isn’t closer to what you actually want than Clegg?

Have you ever wondered if Corbyn isn’t closer to what you want than Clegg?

Yes, I even registered as a supporter and voted for him in the first leadership election! He has proven to be a huge disappointment in not standing up to the right-wing nationalism project that is Brexit, and that is unquestionably the defining issue at present. The issue that will define whether the economy can support increased spending on public services etc. He has also moved Labour backwards to the extent they stand no realistic chance of ever winning a majority with him as a leader.

PS I am no tribalist. I was very disappointed with the Lib Dems going into coalition with the Tories, but as I keep pointing out that was a long time ago and they seem to have learned from that error by refusing to prop up the current Tory shambles in any form despite being a larger party than the DUP, i.e. they could definitely be there if they wanted to be.

I must admit I would greatly enjoy Corbyn becoming PM and telling Trump where to stuff his sanctions. Unfortunately timing a bit out for that.

Wonder how long It'll be before Corbyn will be positively identified as being on the "Iranian" boat "removing mines" from one of the tankers1.Anyone remember the passports found at the bottom of the Trade Towers, or proof conveniently found outside a burning Iraqi ministry building that George Galloway had taken x barrels of oil from Saddam Hussein.Don't need x-ray specs to this s--t for what it is

Which may example how such "approval ratings" are generated by the way the press, etc, present things over time.

All this whilst issue after issue after issue of PE documents in detail the financial, etc, shady dealings and dealers in the Tory party. Curiously, almost unreported elsewhere...

I'm also wondering why the press have stopped commenting on what BoJo said on air about money being 'wasted' on police investigations into child molestation. His language was, erm, 'unstatesmanlike' to put it politely. In this kind of context such arrogance can have tragic consequences for victims. Yet apparently he is very 'credible' for the Tory party. Which perhaps tells us what we need to know about them...

gosh bojo got a roasting from the panel on question time on friday night in torbay

I had to read that a couple of times just to be sure.

The famous Goebbels line comes to mind of course:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

So Corbyn endures more bile, hate, lies and smears from every section of the state machine and most powerful elements of the media than just about an politician in British history, and you point the finger at him as the villain!

You know part of me (a very small part) hopes that Johnson wins, does a deal with Farage and the newly constituted hard right Tory party totally fcuks pensions, services, benefits, human rights, citizens rights, the health service, and takes us into war.
Perhaps that what it takes.

I can’t wait for Boris to take over. If only to hear TonyL bleating and complaining and then bitterly blaming Corbyn.

I think you’re right. The working classes of Britain have been very, very slow to learn what voting Tory actually means. A dose of Boris should finally show them the error of their ways. It will be short lived and the final nail in the Tory Party coffin. A GE victory for Labour can finish them for ever.

advertisement

Back