advertisement

Corbyn at it again over Iran blowing up Oil tankers

A politician with zero integrity, incapable of honesty, chasing the Facebook $ is preferable to a man who's almost always been on the right side of history. This is logic in Tony's world.
What are you set to gain supporting such charlatans?

Given his reaction to the Salisbury poisonings I guess nobody will ever take him seriously on these types of matters again.

Given his reaction to the Salisbury poisonings I guess nobody will ever take him seriously on these types of matters again.
He was right on the Salisbury matters.

He’s right on this matter.

But, despite the fact that he’s right, we won’t take him seriously.

The other charlatans are wrong, but despite the face that they’re wrong, we will take them seriously.

No wonder we’re fooked

If there is evidence, then it needs to be sieved through properly. The USA and Corbyn both are stupid and far too fast to react. What they said isn't relevant yet, we don't know the facts. Saying anything at all makes both look as daft as they are.
Where on gods earth are the leaders that one might respect and want to follow?

I'm also wondering why the press have stopped commenting on what BoJo said on air about money being 'wasted' on police investigations into child molestation. His language was, erm, 'unstatesmanlike' to put it politely. In this kind of context such arrogance can have tragic consequences for victims. Yet apparently he is very 'credible' for the Tory party. Which perhaps tells us what we need to know about them...

I think the fact that Boris has more skeletons than he has closet space for makes him an ideal person to do the bidding of those aware of his misdeeds. I bet MI5 are in a blind panic over the thought of him being PM.

Despite his errors I bet Clegg could come back right now and have a public approval rating way, way above Corbyn’s current record-breaking minus-53! Surely you see that Corbyn is now a laughingstock and dragging the whole Labour party down? He has made the party utterly unelectable even against the backdrop of Theresa May’s recursive failure. Johnson will just crucify his discredited Labour, as would Farage, and I find that terrifying.
I’m interested in policy, not personality. Something you’ve said yourself not so long ago. So even if Clegg did have a better approval rating, that would not make him worthy.

For the record it was Clegg who enabled the very thing you blame Corbyn for. Clegg empowered Brexit and Austerity.

Having empowered Brexit, it was the ‘unelectable’ Corbyn who halted it 2 years ago.

The only reason we do not already have Brexit, is Corbyn.

I agree with you that Corbyn’s handling of Brexit recently has been flawed, but your visceral hatred for Corbyn and the energy with which you jump on everything you possibly can to denigrate him, alongside your instinctive affection and remarkable trust in public school posh boys like Clegg, regardless of their proven track record of lies, deceit and duplicity, is indicative of why people like Farage and Boris get such an easy ride.

Corbyn is the only politician who actually wants to challenge the AusterityJohnsonFarageVestedInterest hegemony. I will vote for that over slick presentation every time

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/...l?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

"Internet databases confirm much about the incident, but the Trump administration hasn’t provided convincing evidence of Tehran’s culpability."

Bottom line:
The video shows a boat removing what maybe an unexploded limpet mine from one of the tankers. There is no solid evidence that the boat is Iranian, and it would be quite easy for a state actor to knock together a boat looking like this. Further, while Iran would have motive to remove an unexploded mine if it had planted it, so would anyone carrying out a false flag operation and not wanting the attack to be traced.

I don't trust the Iranian regime at all, but the current US regime is equally untrustworthy. When we convict folks we require evidence beyond reasonable doubt. The standard for military escalation should be equal.

Having empowered Brexit, it was the ‘unelectable’ Corbyn who halted it 2 years ago.

The only reason we do not already have Brexit, is Corbyn.
I'm not sure I understand the logic here. By talking about 2 years ago I assume you mean the 2017 GE - yes? May went to the GE to increase her majority, having triggered A50 she did not believe that she had enough of a majority to see Brexit through given the splits in the Tory party. That was the only reason for the GE that I can see. So... on that basis the thinking would have to be that even without the 2017 GE we still would not have had Brexit due to the ERG etc.
Of course, the fact that the Tory majority was eliminated in 2017 is clearly a good thing. However, to claim the only reason we do not already have Brexit is Corbyn is stretching it. Tory divisions and May's personal abject failure to inspire in the 2017 campaign are equally if not more compelling reasons.
It's also possible to put in a "what if" here - what if Cooper (in particular) or Burnham had been elected Labour leader in 2015 - could they have led the Labour party to a higher number of seats in 2017?

If there is evidence, then it needs to be sieved through properly. The USA and Corbyn both are stupid and far too fast to react. What they said isn't relevant yet, we don't know the facts. Saying anything at all makes both look as daft as they are.

Erm. AIUI Corbyn's point *was* that we don't know the facts. Hence we can't simply accept the USA line/conclusion. Judgeing using your own terms, that isn't 'daft'.

I'm inclined to put more trust in someone who wants the evidence to be carefully collected and judged rather than someone that jumps to the conclusion they want - and uses that to promote conflict.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/...l?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

"Internet databases confirm much about the incident, but the Trump administration hasn’t provided convincing evidence of Tehran’s culpability."

Bottom line:
The video shows a boat removing what maybe an unexploded limpet mine from one of the tankers. There is no solid evidence that the boat is Iranian, and it would be quite easy for a state actor to knock together a boat looking like this. Further, while Iran would have motive to remove an unexploded mine if it had planted it, so would anyone carrying out a false flag operation and not wanting the attack to be traced.

The Iranians might also wish to remove it if they *hadn't* planted it. For the sake of safety and for forensic examination. So the video in itself 'proves' nothing.

Britain should act to ease tensions in the Gulf, not fuel a military escalation that began with US withdrawal from the Iran nuclear agreement. Without credible evidence about the tanker attacks, the government’s rhetoric will only increase the threat of war.

— Jeremy Corbyn (@jeremycorbyn) ......Corbyn sounds more sane than stupid to me!

liz Kendall would’ve walked it.

Surely as a Labour supporter/activist you must be disappointed by poorly Corbyn and the party are performing. I’m 56 years old, have been aware of politics since the late-70s-early-80s and I can’t recall a weaker or less liked government than this shower of Tories, yet against that backdrop Labour are clearly still failing to gain traction. I can’t see Liz Kendall having faired much better, but I’m prepared to bet Labour wouldn’t be in such a mess now had Yvette Cooper got the leadership.

Britain should act to ease tensions in the Gulf, not fuel a military escalation that began with US withdrawal from the Iran nuclear agreement. Without credible evidence about the tanker attacks, the government’s rhetoric will only increase the threat of war.

— Jeremy Corbyn (@jeremycorbyn) ......Corbyn sounds more sane than stupid to me!
yup sorry... I read it now instead of the news healine and I'm wrong. I suspect it is also a way to pitch in with a criticism, but I can't criticise the face value of what he said.

Surely as a Labour supporter/activist you must be disappointed by poorly Corbyn and the party are performing. I’m 56 years old, have been aware of politics since the late-70s-early-80s and I can’t recall a weaker or less liked government than this shower of Tories, yet against that backdrop Labour are clearly still failing to gain traction. I can’t see Liz Kendall having faired much better, but I’m prepared to bet Labour wouldn’t be in such a mess now had Yvette Cooper got the leadership.

You're quite right. Mrs Balls would be just the sort of leader the media could get behind. More of the same, go with "the city" (or at least the crooks creaming £ off the top), the "special relationship" and all the other crap that got us into the mess we're in.

advertisement

Back