advertisement

Guitar talk: acoustic, bass, classical, twelve string? You name it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, shiny. I considered wireless but I use a two amp setup playing bass-tracked guitar so it gets pretty pricey.

Bass returned, refund issued. Back to humping fecking heavy PJs.

Oh, yeah... the Alpha/Omega won Over the Microtubes B7K not that anyone really needs to give a shit but it’s important in my tiny little world.

Ooh, shiny. I considered wireless but I use a two amp setup playing bass-tracked guitar so it gets pretty pricey.

That Line6 G75 has dual jack amp outlets as well as a balanced out and can be configured for any/multiple output and per guitar so probably could do what you want. Hehe, I love tempting people!

I’m gonna stay put on wires to oddly keep things simple
Or not
Depends how you look at things

64362026_2247558435574474_1289966042642120704_n.jpg

My Punk guitar* from bass guitar machine, right there. The three piece queercore punk-pop project is coming on nicely. Drums/Bass&Gtr/Guitar. Material just keeps happening. This is a really special time to to be writing, 20 years of blockage shifted...

* with triad chords of 3rds, 5ths and [minor] 4ths

If you’re locked in the late seventies, sure.

Getting a passable guitar with selectable chords from bass (and not just a bit of fuzz and dirt that loses its harmonic structure when the going gets heavy) took a bit of thought and trial and error by the pedal guy down at guitar-guitar Edinburgh. Absolute bloody goldmine of experience.

Last edited:
I love it and I was drawn to the artwork even before the pedal guy making my board suggested it. It goes from angry to vicious really nicely, two gain stages which can be separated so I can mix things up a bit, the valves inside are a little hissy (hence the noise suppressor) but as a precursor to an ampless/DI box live rig it’s capable of an immense sound. It’s just a lovely old fashioned overdrive that Gives it a bit of a Marshall JS feel to my gonzo guitar riffs. The obvious thing about the Kraken is it remains harmonically right sounding while letting the much more modern bass overdrives (The darkglass stuff) through, no side is adversely affected.

I’m still working out the best combination for my Trace Elliot stack, As it can be used to go directly into the send and return or via the standard inputs both have their advantages and disadvantages and one bypasses the EQ stage of the amp which I’m not sure I want or not I’m still playing but all the settings sound good.

Downside is 12V DC, 800mA minimum which means it’s getting quite difficult to power from the boards power supply which is why I had to stick a 13 amp plug socket underneath the board to power everything

For less violent/angry stuff look at the Countess and the Sheriff

Hi,
Any specific reason for this? I rather fancy a Thinline but can't quite make up my mind.
Cheers.

I wish I had some cutting insight that would shed more light on this - but sadly all can offer is I just wanted a proper hefty industrial Telecaster, and the Thinline was a little too fancy. Deep eh ? :(

I’m gonna stay put on wires to oddly keep things simple
Or not
Depends how you look at things

64362026_2247558435574474_1289966042642120704_n.jpg

My Punk guitar* from bass guitar machine, right there. The three piece queercore punk-pop project is coming on nicely. Drums/Bass&Gtr/Guitar. Material just keeps happening. This is a really special time to to be writing, 20 years of blockage shifted...

* with triad chords of 3rds, 5ths and [minor] 4ths

I think if I had that setup in front of me I'd never ever get beyond the twiddling stage to actually doing any playing whatsoever :)

I think if I had that setup in front of me I'd never ever get beyond the twiddling stage to actually doing any playing whatsoever :)

The way it’s used It’s pretty much set and forget. Some variation in the various gain stages (flip the growl and bite switches on the A/O between songs, two valve channel options in the Kraken - but no biggie if I forget) and triggering the bassine loop during a rant at cops and corporations in “no cops at pride”. Chromatic Tuner is there as a global mute... it’s basically a big ole tray full of dirt.

It’s pretty much a done deal. Just need to convince myself it’s a better choice than a solid body.

All else being equal, Thinlines are very cool. It's the "all else" part that concerns me, is the Thinline available with you're preferred neck profile, frets, and pickups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back