advertisement

Creek vs Exposure

Prior Creek and current exposure owner here. I have no experience with the 100A but do with the Evolution, and I'd say it was softer than either the 2xxx or 3xxx series Exposure integrateds. Whether there's an issue with reliability I can't say with the 100A, but my Evolution developed numerous problems, and while researching those problems there were other people with similar experiences involving ribbon cables, static noises and loss of a channel.

No reliability issues here with Exposure pre/powers after two years and they sound superb (3010s2 series). I tried the older Creek Destiny for a longish weekend a few years ago and returned it. Very nice, but I found the ability to switch between active and passive preamp operation very frustrating and confusing!

Creek were showing prototypes of a new integrated to replace the Evolution at Bristol. Their system with that amp and their new speakers was one of the best-sounding at the show.

Does Exposure still have that slightly edge-of-the-seat presentation, kind of Naim-lite? I liked it when I first heard it in the 90s, at the time a Nait 2 or 3 was too harsh. Both were the same money at the time, IIRC about £750. I went for used Quad 33-303 which murdered them all, but the Exposure (2010?) was the best of Naim, Audiolab, Linn, etc at the price.

Like most other questions posed on this site, the answer is "it depends". On what you ask? Amongst many things; your sound preferences; speakers they'd be driving; system it sits in; room the system is in; long term products support; amp facilities that you may find useful; et al. Borrow each one and see what you think. I know which I'd go for, but I'm not you, am I? :)

Even I prefer Farlowe era of Exposure amps the 3010 range is more powerfull if this is needed

No real experience with recent Creek but guess its down to if you like apples more than oranges
Home demo allways good
Source important, not sure what OP use ?

I very much prefer the modern Exposure over the 'Farlowe' voicing. More refined, and just as equally musical.

S.

advertisement

Back