advertisement

Womens Football Worldcup.

Today you get a four hour torture session that is a Triathlon from Leeds. What numpty would want to watch four hours of that on their tv ? What kind of a sad empty life would you have to have to use that to entertain yourself?

Come on ! .. own up ....who are you ? o_O

great wasnt it. I was watching online on one screen. Other screens were showing world cup cricket, world cup womens football, F1, and the last screen, showing national sheepdog trials.

I like watching women's football, I like the fact that it's not dominated by outright pace, there are some great on the ball skills shown and there's very little simulation (aka cheating).

Granted the lack of pace makes it less spectacular than the mens game, but all you need to do is adjust your expectations a little and it's just as enjoyable.

The difference in physicality renders the comparison between the genders meaningless. There's much to admire in both.

There has been some really entertaining games this weekend with some excellent goals. The great thing about this world Cup compared with the men's is how open and competitive it is in the opening stages.
Brazils Cristiane header and free kick were quality, Italys great comeback against Australia, controversial VAR and a throughly enthralling game between the old enemies and this is just the opening weekend...

C'mon England ... !

THAT'S how you put away a penalty.
Although that was no way a penalty!
England did just enough but Scotland played exceptionally well second half, Emslie terrorised the English defence and deserved her goal, not convinced but its early days...

No disrespect to the womens game whatsoever but after watching 10 minutes of the Germany v China game it's disrespect to Macclesfield Town to compare them.

I'd say Macclesfield town Under 15's may possibly be a better comparison.

However the mens and womens game should never be compared, two different sports even though it's football and played to the same rules.
Neither the Champions League final nor the one sided FA Cup final were exactly the pinnacle of entertainment for the neutral. Some of these womens' world cup games have been much better to watch.

Maybe saying that I was not convinced by England performance is a touch unfair. White, Parris and Bronze showed why they are world class and England did play with intensity and purpose that caused Scotland a lot of problems. We stopped getting the ball to Parris and that could be a weakness for England, are we a little predictable?

Viewers will be shocked to hear that I actually sort of enjoyed Germany v China the other day. Women's footy may lack the pace and absolute physicality of the Prima Do ...err men's game.. but those Chinese ladies played hard and dirty.. much to the surprise and annoyance of the German ladies. Quite an eye opener.

Viewers will be shocked to hear that I actually sort of enjoyed Germany v China the other day. Women's footy may lack the pace and absolute physicality of the Prima Do ...err men's game.. but those Chinese ladies played hard and dirty.. much to the surprise and annoyance of the German ladies. Quite an eye opener.
...and I thought they were terribly unlucky not to get anything from the game.

Enjoyed that England Scotland match. England battered them first half & should've 3-4 up but switched off a bit 2nd half & let Scotland back into it. France looked good even though Korea were poor. Henry looking like she could be player of the tournament already.

Any blokes who scoff at the women's game out to try & have a go on the pitch against them. They wouldn't last 5 minutes. The skill levels are increasing all the time.

It's time the women's game got the respect it deserves. And they don't play act or feign injury like the men. Not yet...

advertisement

Back