advertisement

System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt, have you tried the speakers on stands in front of the subs?

I had them on stands beside the subs before building the units. I did the units to tidy things up because its our living room with a 2 and 5 year old. Sounds better than it did before the units, but could be partly due to the fact I stuffed lots of insulation in the corners behind the subs.

Sub by MattSPL, on Flickr

New kit:

Audio Note Conquest - 300b monoblock amps
Audio Note M3 Preamp
Audio Note Io Gold
Audio Note AN-k Spe speakers

Old stuff:

Audio Note DAC 2.1 Sig
Audio Note AN-S3
Audio Note OTO SE Phono Sig amp
Lumin U1 streamer
Technics SP10 mk2
Groovemaster II tonearm with Arche headshell
Aurorasound Vida phono stage

IMG_0288 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

IMG_0286 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr
beautiful system.
How do the AN-K compares vs the AN-J?

Devores and the line maggy out then?

Devores are in the spare room, they won't be going anywhere as they are really great (that and they rare as rocking horse shit in the UK)

The LM and the OTO will probably be going to offset the cost of the new amps, may wait a while with the LM as I've got some Psvane T2 845's arriving soon.

New kit:

Audio Note Conquest - 300b monoblock amps
Audio Note M3 Preamp
Audio Note Io Gold
Audio Note AN-k Spe speakers

Old stuff:

Audio Note DAC 2.1 Sig
Audio Note AN-S3
Audio Note OTO SE Phono Sig amp
Lumin U1 streamer
Technics SP10 mk2
Groovemaster II tonearm with Arche headshell
Aurorasound Vida phono stage

IMG_0288 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

IMG_0286 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

Now this is the real deal . As a valve lover , you can't have too many valves imho ! I've 27 valve amps in the collection .

How come the devores are out of the main system Chris?

I was told that Guy Adams of Voyd designed the AN Conquest amps using Snell K's so I'm trying the AN-k's for a while. They do sound better with the conquests but the devores work better with the LM and OTO than the K's

Can I ask, why is that record weight so......tall!

I know it looks a ridiculous, but it really sings. Music and voices flow even better when using it. It is all part of the concept Etheraudio are developing. Hope that makes any sense...

Well I've looked at the Etheraudio website and no mention of extra tall record clamps - they do seem to believe that drilling a 6.5mm hole in records and CD's makes them sound better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back