advertisement

Buying a Porsche but is a cheap one a non starter ?

black, grey,

Black is manageable, I do like the gunmetal grey though.

f18f86ea459842cb91fd77ab5165eee6.jpg

201503201707471522135867_1.jpg

Another factor to consider is what colour ?

o_O
Any. You want the best car for your money and you are right at the bottom of the value curve. You just can't pick and choose colour when you are this low on the food chain, the key is avoiding the dogs, not worrying about colour.

Of course, if it's truly dreadful and you hate it, then dont buy it.

Any. You want the best car for your money and you are right at the bottom of the value curve. You just can't pick and choose colour when you are this low on the food chain, the key is avoiding the dogs, not worrying about colour.

Of course, if it's truly dreadful and you hate it, then dont buy it.

This is the right answer.

No longer on the lower value curve, I am going to take maybe up to a year on this & consequently the budget will rise up to £10,000.

One thing is for sure, no silver car for me no matter what bargain it may be.

That's your choice, the snag is 90% of cars were silver at the relevant time. Still, they aren't in short supply. In fact, avoiding silver might ven work in your favour, they are still sought after. Good old resale silver.

£10k gives you lots of choice. All I will say is that a great example of a less popular model is always a better choice than a rough example of a "better" model.

Reactions: AV8
Was he killed there? Jesus.

You don't realise, because there are so many TT crash videos where people get away with light injuries after having flown through the air and missed a dry stone wall at 100mph, that not everyone is that lucky.

Michael is still alive and well, and back road-racing professionally after a break following the death of his brother. William was killed just up the road from us at the Skerries race in July last year, after a crash caused by mechanical failure. As Rich says, 3 out of the 4 racers in the Dunlop family died on the roads. It is sadly, still as unforgiving a sport as ever.

When I bought my current car all the way back in 2003 silver was like a rash, it was everywhere. I hated silver & ended up with a colour called Rosso Red, guess what, 16 years later it is in vogue again.

Well, mine is silver. :)

Silver is always going to be easy to sell. Personally, I like the darker Seal Grey. But as Steve says, buy the best car and compromise on the colour, rather than the other way round.

Also avoid horrible interiors light the dreaded Sahara (sand colour), tan, or awful green unless they're super cheap.

Reactions: AV8
I have to admit, I do like that gun metal grey metallic. I know it's common, but in the right light it looks lithe and sleek, like an oiled seal (as opposed to an oil seal, which is usually an orangey-black),

I don't like dark grey cars, they are invisible on murky days. I've ended up with a light blue metallic Jag, not my favourite colour but as above, I didn't choose it. I wouldn't have a Jag in ASBO orange but I would a sports car. I have a mountain bike in ASBO orange with a metallic flake lacquer, it looks great.

I don't like dark grey cars, they are invisible on murky days. I've ended up with a light blue metallic Jag, not my favourite colour but as above, I didn't choose it. I wouldn't have a Jag in ASBO orange but I would a sports car. I have a mountain bike in ASBO orange with a metallic flake lacquer, it looks great.
Too true Steve. My last 7 was a stealth car in all grey/carbon.........Jeez it really was as though I was invisible, even on clear sunny days. The amount of times at 30mph I had people pull out of side roads on me with 50 metres to spare I lost count of. Thankfully I was always aware it was going to happen, a big reason for me selling it too.

Only bright colours now for me on a low sports car.

I like the colour Stephen but in Lotus circles an orange or Krypton/Toxic green car would add a lot more value to it.......and trying to sell a siver one is a nightmare!!

Not so fast compared to today's offerings Mike. A little 1.5 Fiesta ST fractionally quicker to 60. Any of the 2 Litre 'hot hatches' are now quicker . I don't say this in a schoolboyish way, it's just that time and tech marches on and whilst such a Saab is by no means slow, it's somewhat unremarkable by modern standards. Many dangerously fast cars now.
Don't know the figures. Just know that when I put my foot down there was stunning acceleration. Already doing around 40mph

advertisement

Back