advertisement

Naim DBl /ATC bass driver surrounds

hp1

pfm Member
Has anyone had ATC replace the roll surrounds on any of there larger units,just wondering about turnaround ,cost etc. Cheers.

Not yet, but a friend with a pair of DBLs had his done by ATC. They were super-efficient apparently - they sent him a crate to send them off in. Cost was pretty reasonable IIRC, but it was a while ago, so if I were you I'd contact ATC.

No...but I know one guy who went to kneel in front of the lower cabinets during assembly of the DBL's...and put his knee through the bass driver.

Actually, I remember someone from this forum (Stefan I think) had the bass units redone by ATC a couple of years ago.

Wasn't me, but I've had ATC do other servicing work on thier speakers and been well impressed with thier service and the pricing isn't ridiculous either.

Had my DBL bass drivers refurbished by ATC year before last. Cost was £414 for the pair including return shipping. Shipping boxes were another £40 or so. Excellent service and they came back looking like new.

Regards,

Willy.

Had my DBL bass drivers refurbished by ATC year before last. Cost was £414 for the pair including return shipping. Shipping boxes were another £40 or so. Excellent service and they came back looking like new.

Regards,

Willy.

Yep, that seems about right for when I did it a few years back.

You would be far better off getting an independent speaker repairer to re-foam the DBL drivers. There's nothing tricky about them. Four hundred quid, if that's just for a re-foam, is outrageous.

Thank You all for Your replies.
I contacted ATC and it appears that they recone/coil them,thats why its £414 I suppose.
Also spoke to someone else on here with some done by ATC and they said the units looked as if the dust cap had been
cut and re applied to shim the voice coil while the roll surround was replaced.
It appears you need to fill in a job request sheet on line stating the model and serial numbers but naim have removed the
atc sticker from the pole plate.
Any way I have some roll surrounds on there way from You know where which cost buttons,we will see if they are usable
when they get here.

It is usually not necessary to remove the dust cap when replacing the surrounds, but you do need to ensure the cone is centered before the glue dries.

If the caps are cut off, they should of course be replaced.

Good company to deal with, i purchased new drivers but was offered old frames with new cones which they said would be as good as new ones. I don't think they will sell you their own brand tweeters but if you were interested you could ask.

advertisement

Back