advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+21)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had an instrument to measure the Left, Right and far Right of a patients political spectrum by tapping into their brain, where would yours come out?

If the patient thinks Rory Stewart is normalcy, where then would the needle point?

img
Mine would obviously point to the centre, and anyone to the left or right would plainly be either mad or virtue signalling!

Stewart's a ludicrous narcissist living out a TE Lawrence-style imperial fantasy. He's probably a decent guy. If he were to become leader he'd be a decent guy in charge of of a racist, vindictive gang dedicated to the protection of privilege at all costs. He'd be forcing foreigners onto planes with regret rather than glee, but he would do it, because that is the only option left for conservatism as a whole and his horrible party in particular.

Good riddance to a catastrophically bad PM and human being.
Hello to Boris who is even more of the same shit.
An even bigger hello and street party for an independent Scotland so we can cast off from the Tories and populist gobshites that abound down south.

Bring it on!

I hope you will be welcoming immigrants... refugees from England!

Mine would obviously point to the centre, and anyone to the left or right would plainly be either mad or virtue signalling!

Stewart's a ludicrous narcissist living out a TE Lawrence-style imperial fantasy. He's probably a decent guy. If he were to become leader he'd be a decent guy in charge of of a racist, vindictive gang dedicated to the protection of privilege at all costs. He'd be forcing foreigners onto planes with regret rather than glee, but he would do it, because that is the only option left for conservatism as a whole and his horrible party in particular.

Of course it can change but Tory support amongst the Under 30 group is very low, perhaps 10%. And this demographic want Remain. Labour have to come out clearly for Remain and motivate them to vote.

^^ PR doesn't necessarily reduce extremism in politics. Look at the DUP for how a small party can hold a larger one to ransom. Or Israel.

It gives a democratic outlet for extreme views.

Then, when they get into power, these extremist MPs have to start to work with other parties.

At the moment our extremists are just pressure groups. And pressure can build into an explosion. PR lets off steam.

Stephen

If you had an instrument to measure the Left, Right and far Right of a patients political spectrum by tapping into their brain, where would yours come out?

If the patient thinks Rory Stewart is normalcy, where then would the needle point?

img

In the interest of balance doesn't hard left exist anymore? Or is left and hard left now merged and only the right has nuances?
After all - if the term "hard remainer" has been created...

This is a very difficult watch but important. It is hard to accept but, if the Brexit Party do what the polls predict, this is who the British really are.

This so horribly disingenuous. I have no idea how you can post that and not thing it makes you look like a massive git.

But congrats you triggered me and now i think you are a dick.

Look, it's very clear what you were trying to do with your original post, and that is police the line between friend and enemy, acceptable and unacceptable politics. That's fine. But all this "How is that controversial?" when at the same time you're saying that anyone who disagrees with you is virtue signalling or Trump enabling is just classic centrism, isn't it?

Where the line is drawn is always controversial. For you it’s between the floridly right wing nutjobs and ordinary decent agents of austerity and the Hostile Environment. For me those differences are largely cosmetic and they all belong in the same camp, so to speak. There just is no such thing at this stage as reasonable conservatism: it’s a fantasy and I’m disappointed but not surprised that the whole May experience hasn’t made that clear once and for all.

Sorry but you just read me all wrong. Some times people are just what they seem you know and it's not all some weird mind game like it's the lower xth 1986 again.

Grenfell was another in a long line of victims this government have taken while in power over the last 9 years. Remove & destroy is now the Tory party policy. They have blood on their hands but will escape scot free for these actions.

I suspect that if figures were kept for suicides, provoked by benefit cuts, sanctions, bedroom tax etc putting the most vulnerable at risk of homelessness, then it would make disturbing reading.

Of course it can change but Tory support amongst the Under 30 group is very low, perhaps 10%. And this demographic want Remain. Labour have to come out clearly for Remain and motivate them to vote.
And Labour have to do it well in advance of any announcement of an election, I think, because leaving it later will just look like opportunism rather than a sincere commitment to Remain.

This so horribly disingenuous. I have no idea how you can post that and not thing it makes you look like a massive git.

But congrats you triggered me and now i think you are a dick.
Not entirely sure what I’ve done there, not sure what the trigger is that produced such a response, so I’ll apologise.

This is a very difficult watch but important. It is hard to accept but, if the Brexit Party do what the polls predict, this is who the British really are.

English Civil War II. The vast majority of the audience he spoke to sounded like Tories. This is good because it’s going to split the Tory vote this week and at the GE. What “Make Britain Great Again” messaging Will Johnson deploy to win them back? He’s not up against a Corbyn, it’s Farage.

English Civil War II. The vast majority of the audience he spoke to sounded like Tories. This is good because it’s going to split the Tory vote this week and at the GE. What “Make Britain Great Again” messaging Will Johnson deploy to win them back? He’s not up against a Corbyn, it’s Farage.

So the destruction of the Tory party that Cameron's great referendum idea was designed to avoid happens anyway, whilst trashing our economy, pausing any real governing and sidelining us from the ongoing modernisation of society through embracing transnational cooperation.

Oh good.

If they are following the Republican playbook they need to ally with the 2 million evangelicals in the UK. Can you imagine Farage being Born Again ? o_O

Owen is a self satisfied champagne lefty.
He is an example of why Labour are a danger to the UK.

Owen is a self satisfied champagne lefty.
He is an example of why Labour are a danger to the UK.

Labour are the potential saviour of the UK! That there in the film footage is an example of the scum we need to be fighting back against! I can't believe anyone could watch that and have more of a problem with Jones than the sty of outraged gammon he's trying to interview!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back