advertisement

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Andrew C!

Been around a while....
As I’m a big England fan, I thought I’d chuck a thread on this competition on here.

England should easily get to the semi finals, and then it becomes a bit of a lottery, imv.

Also they need to keep their team relatively free of injuries.

Man of the tournament: Buttler.

I expect the usual gross over expectation of England.

Warm up game. Means nothing.

I think any man of the tournament will be a bowler. Flat batting friendly tracks with many centurions. Someone who can take a lot of wickets over many games will be the stand out player in my view. Not sure who that will be.

England should be good to the semi's as has been said, but they lack a consistant high scorer who can stay and make it into the high numbers game after game.

Because of that I doubt they will get to the finals, would be nice if they did and Root making a few 100's on the way.

England should be good to the semi's as has been said, but they lack a consistant high scorer who can stay and make it into the high numbers game after game.

Fair point. However England do bat deep, and they have more firepower/higher strike rate batting than the other teams. If their top four get them to 150-200 with 15-20 overs left, then 350-400 is always on.

I also think they are a chasing team - ie the way to put them under pressure is to get them to bat 1st.

Yes, I thought the Australian commentator had it right - "more of a lukewarmup game"

The Afghan game is going a bit easier though - as one might hope.

Neither warm up meant much, really.

The fun starts Thursday. Banana skin alert v SA.
Agreed, just got back from the game. Enjoyable day out but....

The ICC are doing their best to ruin it though. Ticket site is an absolute joke. Only booked a few days ago. Site said fully booked except for silver level...but you couldn't add those to the basket.
Tried next day, silver and gold on offer but again, silver impossible to buy. Got gold, thinking it must be almost sold out but ground was only 1/3 full today at most.

The Oval real ale bars, gin huts and good food were all pulled and replaced with ICC sponsored over priced crap. INDIAN beer only!

May be old news to some here, but I found this interesting and entertaining.

Agreed, just got back from the game. Enjoyable day out but....

The ICC are doing their best to ruin it though. Ticket site is an absolute joke. Only booked a few days ago. Site said fully booked except for silver level...but you couldn't add those to the basket.
Tried next day, silver and gold on offer but again, silver impossible to buy. Got gold, thinking it must be almost sold out but ground was only 1/3 full today at most.

The Oval real ale bars, gin huts and good food were all pulled and replaced with ICC sponsored over priced crap. INDIAN beer only!

Well that's a bit depressing.

I've got some tickets to the Windies vs NZ at Old Trafford towards the end of June. Consolation prize for not getting the England game there. I can easily weave back home from LCCC, or take the tram if wasted. But by the sound of it I won't be too tempted to largesse.

Will 311 be enough ? Is the wicket really a bit tricky ? Or did SA just bowl and field very well ? All about to be revealed.

advertisement

Back