advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+21)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to note that the day after we get to vote for representation in the allegedly “undemocratic” EU we find out, once again, we won’t get to vote for the next UK Prime Minister.

Very true. But I wonder, if Johnson wins, and gets a honeymoon period, will he be tempted in to a GE?

Johnson knows he’s boxed in with options. He’s also lazy and erratic and I reckon he’ll go full Trump to persuade the public that ‘belt tightening’( actual meaning: losing their jobs and living standards) is for the national good. He’ll return to his lies about Turks, immigrants and ‘Marxists’.

Very true. But I wonder, if Johnson wins, and gets a honeymoon period, will he be tempted in to a GE?

He is not well liked beyond the calloused rump of the Conservative Party membership and I suspect very unlikely indeed to win a parliamentary majority. I don’t know many Tories at all, but the ones I do detest him and wouldn’t vote for him. Also if Arron Banks finances Farage’s shower of alt-right popularists that would ensure the Tories will lose votes from both ends; the pro-EU moderates to the Libs and the real chav-gammon to Farage. I can’t see a GE anytime soon leading to a majority for either main party. It will hang again.

No way. That's the way to another hung parliament, this time with that piece of shit Farage and a dozen of his mates sitting grinning on the benches. Boris isn't that stupid. Quite stupid, but not that stupid.

He is not well liked beyond the calloused rump of the Conservative Party membership and I suspect very unlikely indeed to win a parliamentary majority. I don’t know many Tories at all, but the ones I do detest him and wouldn’t vote for him. Also if Arron Banks finances Farage’s shower of alt-right popularists that would ensure the Tories will lose votes from both ends; the pro-EU moderates to the Libs and the real chav-gammon to Farage. I can’t see a GE anytime soon leading to a majority for either main party. It will hang again.

I'd also be surprised if either Labour or the Tories would be able to get a majority next time. Labour would probably need the SNP and I think that would be problematic (for both sides potentially) given the differences on key issues like Brexit and Scottish Independence.

But wouldn't Johnson or Raab getting in increase the chances of a successful vote of no confidence and consequently a GE?

I'd also be surprised if either Labour or the Tories would be able to get a majority next time. Labour would probably need the SNP and I think that would be problematic (for both sides potentially) given the differences on key issues like Brexit and Scottish Independence.

A quick look at PaddyPower suggests NOC most likely at 5/6, Con majority at 2/1, Labour 3/1, i.e. Con has now overtaken Lab (was behind previously), but still not viewed as likely.

A quick look at PaddyPower suggests NOC most likely at 5/6, Con majority at 2/1, Labour 3/1, i.e. Con has now overtaken Lab (was behind previously), but still not viewed as likely.
I’ve put my tenner on No Deal at 13/5. I was alarmed to see they were giving 4/1 on fuel being the first item to be rationed this year, but reassured by red wine only being 33/1 and ER2 taking up residence in Ireland just 80/1.

I usually like their more whimsical lines, but Farage being PM by 2025 @ 3/1 is plain scary.

I liked seeing Larry the Cat sitting on the doorstep of no 10 watching the unraveling and gathering proceedings this morning, that until the doorman came out and picked him up and took him indoors.

The only credible sentient being in residence @ no 10, imv.

I’ve put my tenner on No Deal at 13/5. I was alarmed to see they were giving 4/1 on fuel being the first item to be rationed this year, but reassured by red wine only being 33/1 and ER2 taking up residence in Ireland just 80/1.
It’s going to be the Blitz Spirit that ukippers we’re gleefully talking about, though it’ll be the first blitz in UK history where we were bombed by our own government.

May was dressed in orange when she give her resignation speech outside Number 10. She said compromise and duty lay in her heart. She proclaimed that she has legislated to help the sick, poor, black, disabled and downtrodden.

May's voice will be missed by herself. When she broke into tears of self pity at the end, the real Theresa May surfaced - a spoiled egotist who has been told to ferk off by a Party that can't stand her.

Theresa May will be remembered for a failed Brexit, racism and incredibly bad dress sense.

Johnson is the favourite to succeed her. His racism and bad dress sense is even more extreme. The Brexit Party liars are on the rise, aided by the BBC, and the future of the UK is bleak.

Jack

It’s going to be the Blitz Spirit that ukippers we’re gleefully talking about, though it’ll be the first blitz in UK history where we were bombed by our own government.
"Our own government"? I suspect I'm going to feel even more disenfranchised being led by whatever crawls out from under the Tory tombstone.

BBC Politics Live is pure Jeremy Kyle with low-IQ chav-gammon Mark Francois and Claire Fox vs. Owen Jones and Ken Clarke. Just horrible. This country is in a hell of a mess.

Corybn wants a general election. Robert Peston thinks there will be one in the autumn.

Bring it on. I'll vote Green. It is time to get rid of the two crumbling dinosaur Parties.

Jack

I wonder what the Tories think of Cameron now?

Stephen
Dave can’t come to the phone.

258xxxl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back