advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread part II

Chelsea have had an ok season but the style of football is painful to watch.
It's worth getting rid of Sarri just to get Kante back in his correct position - Jorginho (dare I say it) seems to have improved a bit so I would give him the benefit of the doubt for next season.
Alonso, Higuain, Kovacic & Drinkwater all need dumping with players currently on loan replacing them in the squad.
If we can't buy anyone we won't be wasting any money so we can afford to keep Hazard for another season and let him go for free next summer (if he still wants to).

I agree about Kante, but it's a shame Alonso is no longer completely reliable or fast enough.

It would be great to keep Hazard. Would he play well if he stayed on for one more season though?

Jack

Avram Grant?

It's possible. Grant was Chelsea's director of football for a few months in 2007, before he became manager. Chelsea didn't win any trophies, when he was in charge. He was also seen as old-fashioned.

Abramovich is now an Israeli citizen though, so it could happen.

Jack

Would he play well if he stayed on for one more season though?

I think he would and the reason I say that is because I believe he would consider the clubs predicament (not being able to sign a replacement) and understand.
He comes across in interviews as a decent, modest guy & of course he's already a Chelsea legend.;)

I agree about Kante, but it's a shame Alonso is no longer completely reliable or fast enough.

It would be great to keep Hazard. Would he play well if he stayed on for one more season though?

Jack
Alonso was fine as wing back in a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3.

But that’s our problem, trying to force our players into a system rather than adapting the system to best fit the players we have.

Bring back Huddink

Leeds losing has cheered me greatly

Now then, behave yourself, we’ve still to do Villa yet. Anyway it was an excellent game and a great result for us tonight.

Been a Rams fan for over 60 years, did I think we could progress tonight, not a prayer! What do I know.

Commiserations to Leeds, they weren’t quite up to it tonight.

He’s done alright so far that Frank...Jack, so no poaching just yet.

Cheers....Dave

Cheers....Dave

I've got a mate who supports Leeds, Dave. After the first match I assumed Derby would lose. It was a shock to find out from him on Facebook that they'd won on aggregate.

I was going to say to him that Lampard is the highest scoring player in Chelsea's history and that he should return to Stamford Bridge and take over from Sarri.

I didn't though. The whole thread was full of extremely angry Leeds supporters. Thought they might try to lynch me.

Well done Derby ! :D

Jack

Now then, behave yourself, we’ve still to do Villa yet. Anyway it was an excellent game and a great result for us tonight.

Been a Rams fan for over 60 years, did I think we could progress tonight, not a prayer! What do I know.

Commiserations to Leeds, they weren’t quite up to it tonight.

Cheers....Dave
Never give commiserations to Leeds, never. Good luck in the final, would be pleased for either team but I have a feeling Derby will do it.

poor leeds haha...

just want the mackems to get beat tonight too...some stupid mackem fan posted on twitter how he was going to bomb the Portsmouth fans etc... :(

Chelsea's Ruben Loftus-Cheek has ruptured an Achilles and is out for six months, reports The Mirror. He joins Callum Hudon-Odoi, who is laid up with a similar kind of problem. This is a big drag. They play for England and are arguably the two best players to come out of Chelsea's academy in the last few years.

Eighteen year old Hudson-Odoi will apparently stay on at Chelsea, if he inherits Hazard's No 10 shirt. However Real Madrid haven't yet offered enough money for the Belgian, according to The Independent and Evening Standard.

Meanwhile manager Frank Lampard is taking Derby into the promotion playoff Final against Aston Villa, whose assistant head coach is John Terry.

It's great to see the former Chelsea and England players doing so well. It wouldn't surprise me if one of them ends up managing The Blues at Stamford Bridge.

Jack

The impending Man City ban for breaching Financial Fair Play rules is one step closer. Put that in your hedge fund and smoke it. :D https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...potential-punishments-explained-a4142906.html

"Uefa have wide-ranging penalties for FFP breaches. Most severe would be a Champions League ban — and it has been claimed this week that investigators will push for expulsion. City were hit with a £49m fine, transfer cap and a reduced Champions League squad when found in breach of FFP in 2014."

City should be expelled for a few years. It's not like they play world class football, as their performance in The Champions League shows.

Jack

Chelsea's Ruben Loftus-Cheek has ruptured an Achilles and is out for six months, reports The Mirror. He joins Callum Hudon-Odoi, who is laid up with a similar kind of problem. This is a big drag. They play for England and are arguably the two best players to come out of Chelsea's academy in the last few years.

Eighteen year old Hudson-Odoi will apparently stay on at Chelsea, if he inherits Hazard's No 10 shirt. However Real Madrid haven't yet offered enough money for the Belgian, according to The Independent and Evening Standard.

Meanwhile manager Frank Lampard is taking Derby into the promotion playoff Final against Aston Villa, whose assistant head coach is John Terry.

It's great to see the former Chelsea and England players doing so well. It wouldn't surprise me if one of them ends up managing The Blues at Stamford Bridge.

Jack
I’ve just had a word with all my fellow Rams fans and we’ve agreed it’s that Terry you need back there to manage you Blues. Leave our Frank where he is for now please Jack.

I know you’ve got loads of influence down there so can you put a word in for us to keep the 2 Chelsea kids for another season (did you get to see Mount’s goal last night yet?).

Cheers....Dave

City should be expelled for a few years.

It basically confirms what we've known all along despite protestations of innocence from the usual suspects on here.
It remains to be seen whether the Premier League have got the balls to take any action like deducting a significant amount of points either retrospectively or going forward - I'm doubtful as it would damage the brand and that's all they care about.
If I were a Liverpool fan I'd be gutted knowing that the team I support had lost out on the league title to a club run by a bunch of liars & cheats.:(

It basically confirms what we've known all along despite protestations of innocence from the usual suspects on here.
It remains to be seen whether the Premier League have got the balls to take any action like deducting a significant amount of points either retrospectively or going forward - I'm doubtful as it would damage the brand and that's all they care about.
If I were a Liverpool fan I'd be gutted knowing that the team I support had lost out on the league title to a club run by a bunch of liars & cheats.:(
Not proven yet, so we'll have to wait.

advertisement

Back