advertisement

Derek Jenkins RIP

This is very sad news, he will be very sorely missed.
I bought my first proper hi-fi from Del in the late 80's from the Sound Organisation and many bits in between, to a most recent Lyra purchase and install a couple of years ago.
I will greatly miss his occassional visits to my home where we spent some good hours chatting and listening. A true gentle man.
My daughter once remarked after one of his visits, "I didn't know you had any cool friends dad".
Condolences to all that were close to him.

Shocked by this. I last saw him about a year ago - only this week I saw his name / no on my fone and thought I must reconnect.
Derek was very kind to me many years back - a lovely caring man.
Very sad to hear he has left us- he will be missed massively.
RIP

What more can I add I first met Derek in 1982 at Sound Organisation he’s fettled my LInn ever since. Then in the last few years Derek and Mark have visited my home on several occasions both are true friends, always trusted their judgement.
I’m completely gutted, such a lovely man and gifted engineer. A very sad time for all, dying far too young.

Regards,

Martin

RIP Derek.
I first met him when he worked at Audio Venue in Crystal Palace. He came round to ours a couple of times for demos and set ups. Later, we met again at The Sound Organisation and more recently, he did a couple of LP12 set ups during his tenure at Infidelity. Very sad news, a really nice guy.

How sad, RIP Derek, remember him well from Infidelity at Hampton Wick. A lovely guy and deep LP12 knowledge generously shared. He'll be missed greatly I'm sure, love to family and friends for their sudden sad loss.

Only met Derek a few times - sorting my dad's LP12, most short contact is run-of-the-mill but every now and again you meet someone memorable by their enthusiasm and good nature. Thoughts to those close to him.

Very sad news. I had the pleasure to meet Derek in 2017 when he spent a couple of hours with me stripping down and setting up my old TD125... we hit it off straight away and the deck never sounded better. RIP Derek and condolences to his family and close friends :(

Just seen this. What awful news. We didn't know him terribly well but we had met up a couple of times. He was a lovely guy, hugely respected, and I know he will be greatly missed.

I had the privilege of working with Derek at KJ West One and at Infidelity. I loved watching him work on an LP12 or indeed any turntable - part engineer, part artist, part alchemist. I learned a huge amount from him. He was also a great guy to spend time with. He had a fantastic sense of humour and was a brilliant mimic. He also had an encyclopaedic knowledge of music, musicians and all things audio. Those of us who were lucky enough to know him have lost a real friend and colleague. I know he will be sorely missed by many. RIP Derek.

very sad news i first met him at s.o he worked his magic on my lp12 when i had it.a gifted man and a sad loss.
RIP.

advertisement

Back