advertisement

Lord of the Rings - talking book.

madmike

I feel much better now, I really do...
I read the books in my early 20s and loved them. I saw the Bakshi animation. I have heard the BBC plays, both the new and the old ones. I have seen the Peter Jackson films.
I have now discovered an unabridged talking book and what's more its in English (no American accent).
All three books on 46 cds. I am up to cd 5 and it is wonderful. Rob Inglis' diction, enunciation and even singing, yes singing, is so quintessentially English and tolkienesque. I highly recommend it. Link below...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=lord+rings+unabridged&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
streamed for free if you are with Amazon Prime, and take their free 3 month Audible trial.

I know, I had an audible trial but knocked it back because you can't export audible files which are a format to themselves. Buying my own copy of audiobooks is a better way for me as I listen in the car and stream on devices other than Alexa.

I have just discovered Audible and am working my way through some favs currently. I have the epic BBC dramatisation of the LOTR but the full audio book is tempting as well.

The full audiobook which I have described is like having Tolkien himself reading to you...Inglis' voice just cuts it for me.

I read the books in my early 20s and loved them. I saw the Bakshi animation. I have heard the BBC plays, both the new and the old ones. I have seen the Peter Jackson films.
I have now discovered an unabridged talking book of ra and what's more its in English (no American accent).
All three books on 46 cds. I am up to cd 5 and it is wonderful. Rob Inglis' diction, enunciation and even singing, yes singing, is so quintessentially English and tolkienesque. I highly recommend it. Link below...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=lord+rings+unabridged&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I like reading too. Books is my weakness. Thanks for such great post.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back