advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

David,

Small world. Captain Pike's costar in Dimension 5, France Nuyen, was in an episode of original Star Trek — Elaan of Troyius.

MV5BMWY0YjA2OGItZGM5MC00MWIxLWI4ZWItYTc4N2Q4NDU3ZDE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA0MzYwMDY@._V1_UY1200_CR80,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

72395355289_0.jpg

Joe

Bob,

That would be speaking from memory, too — more short-term than long-term — but still memories in Swampy's head.

Joe

Please tell me that you are speaking from memory and that you didn’t actually sit through that link to the end.

Lasted about 30 minutes Bob. I just couldn't believe how bad it was. (Coming down with a cold, so staring in a slack jawed manner and trying not to move my head too much... ...must switch off... ...must mot move...)

You clearly lack the lack of taste required to appreciate truly bad cinema!

Just watched the new trailer for The Gemini Man and was disappointed no digital watches were featured.

Swampy,

... (Coming down with a cold, so staring in a slack jawed manner and trying not to move my head too much....)

I recommend Tranya with some single-malt scotch or a theragen derivative with some single-malt scotch.

Joe

Bob,

That would be speaking from memory, too — more short-term than long-term — but still memories in Swampy's head.

Joe

I knew some wise guy would come back with that.

But Joe, I am so disappointed it was you.

At the risk of upsetting Discovery snowflakes*, I'm going to jump in here.

I wonder what the proportion of the Discovery audience would prefer to stay with Pike et al?

I get the feeling that the end was tacked on to try and explain the inconstancies in the show.

Discovery
lost in space and time and trying to get home would be consistent with Bryan Fuller's involvement in this series and ST: Voyager.

Stephen

Series 2 was only slightly less awful than series one and absolutely awful in places. And those bits that weren't awful involved Pike and the Enterprise crew.

Bob,

I was illustrating how pointless pedantry is pointless and, well, irritating, not to mention pedantic.

The medicine, she is bitter! But swallow the pill. It's the only known cure.

Joe

Stephen,

If seasons one and two of Star Trek: Discovery were just a set up for season three, I'd be inclined to say that the writers took far too long to get the ship and crew lost in time and space. I mean, Voyager got that out of the way in the series premiere. Do you think that was the plan or did it just kinda happen?

If a new series takes place so close to the original series, you risk screwing up canon and pissing off the fans. But if that was simply the backstory for a new series that will take place almost a millennium after Kirk and Spock's time, why not just start there?

Joe

P.S. Yes, I realize I'm Trek obsessed and have no life to speak of.

P.P.S. I've even watched the Star Trek fart clips on YouTube.

Sad... I know.

David,

Small world. Captain Pike's costar in Dimension 5, France Nuyen, was in an episode of original Star Trek — Elaan of Troyius.

72395355289_0.jpg

Joe
I recall France Nuyen as a strong actress in that role. Kirk would never have gotten the upper hand on her if he hadn't had the writers on his side. Used to have fun with the phrase 'Troyan pigs!' around here, with a town named Troy just a few miles up the road....

Don,

I think it was Troyan peeeegs, followed food being thrown.

Joe

P.S. Yes, I realize I'm Trek obsessed and have no life to speak of.

You go deep so we don’t have to.

Go Joe!

As for. ST: D, It feels that they started with ‘f—- the canon’ to ‘uh, oh Joe’s not happy’ to ’lets throw in some fan favourites’ to ‘let’s reboot the series’.

S3 could be anything.

Even good if they concentrate on Saru, introduce some new characters and get the Borg to rebuild the ship.

Stephen

advertisement

Back