advertisement

Pics Of Your Current Motor.

I really fancy w Cali ocean for my fishing, hiking and occasional Euro forays (for two), or crashnoad, without the whole RV palaver.

Costly, but as you say, resales recover much of that.

You’ll miss it.

The Ocean is fantastic, just buy one. I bought mine at 3 months old from VW, owned for 22 months and it sold privately within a week retaining 95% of its value. The memories it gave us are, of course, priceless.

cc_2013MAZ005a_01_640_34K.jpg

It's not fun, but it was cheap new (just under $20k) and can haul a lot of stuff (tri bike goes in the back with no dismantling).

The slowest part of the circuit?

Is that your daily transport?
It used to be my daily transport a few years ago, but now I'm retired it's just a toy.
Can't be that slow, cheek hanging off, trying to get his knee down. He'd fall over if it was too slow.
Can't be more than 30 mph, probably less. And less of the "trying", it's almost impossible not to there. Gerrards is more of a challenge, but when I get it right it's all the way round it. The Bus Stop is the hardest bit; fast direction changes! Not my favourite track, but I know what gear to be in at every corner, which is a major achievement for me. I think this will have to be my last year, but I crashed last time out (Brands), and I can't let it end there. BTW, driving from Brands to Plymouth with a broken collarbone is a tad uncomfortable; thank God for auto gearboxes!

That’s good value!

It’s pretty average. Depreciation is glacial. The big difference is the huge private sale market for them meaning you don’t need to get whacked by a dealer when selling. If you do it right, they cost very very little to own.

Nearing 12 years old with 176k on the clock. I've had it since 2013 and covered 116k in that time. I think it still looks good for it's age & hopefully there's a few more years left in it.

I had a 335d e91 and it was a stonking car. About the best blend of Go, Carry, and Economy ('relative' you eco keyboard warriors out there poised..), in a car that I have run.
I fan it to 95k without any issues or crazy bills.

My Z4 & X5. Like BMWs, me.

Z0RFIBm.jpg
Me too, I’ve had a fair few of them including an M3 and a Z4M, currently just have a MK4 golf, expensive house move and new business necessitated that... but I’m currently looking for a new daily and BMW are still right at the top of the list. I had an F30 320d for the weekend last weekend, I could quite happily drive one of those every day, comfortable, economical, looks great and has ample power.

14av2o4.jpg

Picture is nine years old, but nothing has changed.
Love golfs, mine is 20 years old and still looks and drives great... it’s currently off the road because it has a broken crankcase breather pipe and failed it’s MOT on Thursday because of it (high emissions), two bank holidays means I’ve got to wait longer for parts, but I’ll have it back on the road by the end of next week. I am going to retired it from daily driver duties though and just keep it as a toy and to pop along to VW shows with.

I thought they were 1600s? I know my Cooper S JCW was, if a little bit rough around the edges but I forgave it that for the supercharger whine alone.

Previously they used a 1.6 Prince engine with a supercharger in the original S or JCW then changed to a turbo but the new ones are the 2l BMW engine.

This my fourth Mini

1978 Mini 1000
2010 Mini Cooper D (1.6 diesel)
2011 Mini Cooper (1.6 petrol)

Ahh, haven't really kept up with them after I got rid of mine. The ride was a bit too crashy in the end, even for me who has owned some ridiculous cars, to the point where it cracked the upper front strut tops like lots of them did, I got rid of it then but it was fun whilst I had it. Useless for anything other than blasts around the peak district mind.

That's right. No fool like an old fool.
The hairpin at Mallory last year. I was too mean to pay for the picture!
26159331129_e07893d707_z.jpg
Respect!

I met a guy a Cars In The Park (Lichfield) a couple of years ago who has a few cars with him including a track prepped MX5 (turbo, big brakes, suspension upgrades and a roll cage), I thought he was maybe 60 years old... nope, 84, and still racing cars. He will a lovely guy and absolutely fascinating to talk to.

advertisement

Back