advertisement

Do you have your music arranged in aphabetical order?

Don't have any Zappa. Have tried and tried, still can't like it enough even though I love Steve Vai and Zappa's mate Mr.Beefheart
Don't have any Alice Cooper. S'ok
Do have some Elvis Costello LPs, bought in a big batch at an auction. Awful. How does he make money ?
I filed Costello under "Sell"
:)
He won't make any money from 2nd hand records;)

I have my music sorted into specific sections:

CD's (Jewel Case)
CD's (Digipak)
CD's (Box Set)
Vinyl
Mini Disc

All are then in sorted in Alphabetical order.

Don't have any Zappa. Have tried and tried, still can't like it enough even though I love Steve Vai and Zappa's mate Mr.Beefheart
Don't have any Alice Cooper. S'ok
Do have some Elvis Costello LPs, bought in a big batch at an auction. Awful. How does he make money ?
I filed Costello under "Sell"
:)

Is it Costello's voice that you don't get on with?

I struggle with some of his stuff, but some albums are spot on.

I would highly recommend 'When I Was Cruel' from 2002, my current Costello favourite.

'The Delivery Man' ain't bad either.

Yes; though I have three random stacks in the listening room and a couple waiting to be re-filed which can cause some confusion.

Is it Costello's voice that you don't get on with?

I struggle with some of his stuff, but some albums are spot on.

I would highly recommend 'When I Was Cruel' from 2002, my current Costello favourite.

'The Delivery Man' ain't bad either.

Can't remember. Don't think his voice was that much of a problem.
Love Ship Building - by R.Wyatt Esq

Here’s a close-up of a section of the Marchbanks Towers collection. A cursory glance will be enough to show you that the indexing algorithm used is complex. Indeed, it took the in-house IT team a long time to develop. But despite that, I’m willing to forgo my intellectual property rights and share it with you if you drop me a pm.

46684212675_cef2947a63_b.jpg

Here’s a close-up of a section of the Marchbanks Towers collection. A cursory glance will be enough to show you that the indexing algorithm used is complex. Indeed, it took the in-house IT team a long time to develop. But despite that, I’m willing to forgo my intellectual property rights and share it with you if you drop me a pm.

46684212675_cef2947a63_b.jpg

I’m much the same with box sets, at present they fit where they fit, though all the Miles is together.

PS From the titles I can read (i.e. the boxes and just few other bits) I’ve got 23 of those!

By genre, then by historical order within genre. But not rigourously.

So Jazz starts with Kid Ory and confusingly meanders through Ellington, the great singers etc, until it ends up in the safety of Miles, then 60s Blue Note, then Coltrane. Then I have all the Coltrane associates. This makes it complicated because I have to go back in time a bit, because where is the place for Mingus and Lee Konitz and Art Pepper? There is no place! So it all gets confusing until I get to Cecil Taylor, which should be way back historically, but serves as a good prelude to lots of avant garde stuff.

Only I can understand any of this.

I also have a special Sonic Youth section which is somewhat distinct from the main collection. Sonic Youth releases organised chronologically followed by Sonic Youth related releases organised by band member then chronologically. Bootlegs have a separate subsection at the end of the main Sonic Youth section.

No order whatsoever, never have been, they just get shoved back anywhere.

With you until the last bit, which needs reporting on Tony’s police hotline.

Mine are in no particular order, but are shoved back exactly where they were taken from. How else do you find anything???

advertisement

Back