advertisement

3D printing classic speaker badges

ToTo Man

the band not the dog
Is anyone currently doing this? There must be a market amongst the vintage hifi community for this, surely, particularly Tannoy owners?! Presumably there wouldn't be any copyright infringement issues given that the badges are no longer available from the manufacturer?

A couple of years ago I bought a pair of badges for my Ditton 66s, not 3D printed, but CNC machined from solid Aluminium. They were apparently manufactured by Artmin Design. They're superbly made and look stunning, better quality than the originals in fact. I bought my pair on eBay for a very reasonable £25.00. The seller only had 2 pairs available and I haven't seen any more since.

I imagine 3D printed badges could be made even more cost effectively than CNC. Before you ask, I don't own a 3D printer and wouldn't have the first clue about how to do this, but I imagine there would be a pink fisher up for the challenge? :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately brands that still exist have to defend their trademark to protect it, so selling badges is likely to trigger action.
Even defunct brands are often still on someones books as an asset.

advertisement

Back