advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+17)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this ad on another website. Are they trying to tell us something?:

bg-top.jpg

An election doesn't solve anything, the problem is brexit and the only way to solve that is a second referendum as parliament is incapable of doing so and almost certainly that will not change with an election.
Brexit is a symptom of the problem not the problem itself. The problem is that the UK government, both conservative and labour, has progressively stopped serving the interests of the majority of the population. If we can fix this then sorting out a healthy relationship with Europe whether fully inside the EU or slightly outside will follow. This is the real problem and it is of course not being discussed.

I reported your last post in solidarity with raga.

The level of personal abuse against anyone who doesn't share the Remain faith is unacceptable.

If this is the kind of forum Tony wants, I want no part of it.

Ok I respect that. What number was it? I will check and delete if I was in the wrong.

I can't say I remember it but it sounds like a goodie, would you mind pm ing me a copy for future ref?

drood,

I reported your last post in solidarity with raga.

The level of personal abuse against anyone who doesn't share the Remain faith is unacceptable.

If this is the kind of forum Tony wants, I want no part of it.

I've deleted MVV's post.

Dudes, can dial it back a notch?

Joe /post zappin'

It's all for nothing though, regardless of your viewpoint in or out. Here are some vox pops from the BBC coverage:

Ferry worker Dominic is worried that a no deal Brexit would affect the efficiency of the ferry crossings.
“There’s got to be a deal. If there’s no deal – nobody knows where we stand. And that’s what everyone’s saying on board – we need to know how we’re going to run.
“I think personally they need to delay it and sort it out properly before there is massive destruction."
Kath and Bevan from Yorkshire are off to Austria on their travels, and are angry about the political situation.
“I think we should stick up two fingers up to the EU,” said Bevan.
“We’re Great Britain. We’ve got plenty of rabbits in the field. We can plant potatoes in the back garden. We’ve managed before.”
Kath initially voted to stay in but has since changed her mind.
“I voted to stay in but having heard the attitude of the EU discussions, I think they’ve treated our PM disgustingly and I think we ought to stay out of it. If it means no deal, it means no deal.”
Lastly, Lesley spoke to retiree Mark, who was initially “keen” to leave the EU but has since changed his mind.
He would now like a second referendum.
“I’m beginning to waver now and I think staying in may be the best option,” he said

Positions are entrenched, interpretations of position are polarised; I really don't see what will bring the country out of the Brexitfixation again for a generation. Private Frazer was right.

(Edit: sorry Andrew, I hadn't seen that you'd picked up on the same thing, you beat me to it)

Ok I respect that. What number was it? I will check and delete if I was in the wrong.
Thanks, I respect that. Looking back you've been on a bit of anti-raga roll this evening but JoeP's already deleted the most offensive post so let's leave it at that.

I haven’t been able to google-up the exact wording, but I get the impression that May, deluded authoritarian to the end, is attempting to taint the wording of tomorrow’s vote. Something along the lines of adding a caveat that rejecting ‘no deal’ is effectively accepting her ‘doomed deal of utter failure’. If so it majes tomorrow’s vote more awkward as a separate amendment rejecting her bullshit will have to pass before the vote.
Yes, she planted a booby trap,

“However, some MPs are exasperated that the motion they will vote on is carefully worded to specify that “leaving the EU without a deal remains the default in UK and EU law unless this House and the EU ratify an agreement”.

This isn’t over until she’s been put out of office.

With which pro-Brexit party? That would indeed be a conundrum for them. When we have a brexit referendum result, things will become clearer.

My hope is we get another minority government, but with progressives holding the balance of power rather than crazy religious fundamentalists.

We should use the phasers to recharge the dilithium crystals and then get out of Article 50 on impulse power.

I am aware that this is not the Star Trek thread, but my Vulcan science officer has confirmed this is as logical as any strategy so far put forward by anyone in Parliament.

Ooh! I know this one!
It was right near the end of Series 1, 'Country on the edge of Nowhere'! The woman perishes, of course.

Put her out of office Dec and the biggest supporter of remain is gone forever.
This appears to be the problem in the UK . The PM doesn't want to leave , but won't resign either .
I'm sick of reading about her dozens of trips to the Fourth Reich's sycophants office to do nothing . She's already been told there will be no changes
to the under-the-table deal she got from them and has tried to ram though . I'm embarrassed to be British . Fortunately I don't live in Europe
, but my DNA is British and I'm damned annoyed to see this EU business . As MT said in 1990 , a reunified Germany from the demise of the Soviet Union
is the biggest threat to Europe : so true . They run the place through their Francophile conduits .

EU membership and the prosperity Britain enjoyed in the Blair-Brown years, papered over a lot of the cracks. If we are out of Europe and suffer the economic consequences then Britain will split. I really want to remain a citizen of the E.U. it’s more important to me the fictional “precious union”. I also respect the nationalist aspirations of people in England and if they want to leave the E.U. by majority then that must be respected but equally the aspirations of those in Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales in respect of E.U. membership have to be. It will work far better if England chose to remain in the CU and SM obviously.

I watched Tezza’s HoC performance on the TV news and was appalled. To take the piss out of us frogs’ speech impediments was nothing short of disgusting. I expect the mods to ban her forthwith.

This appears to be the problem in the UK . The PM doesn't want to leave , but won't resign either .
I'm sick of reading about her dozens of trips to the Fourth Reich's sycophants office to do nothing . She's already been told there will be no changes
to the under-the-table deal she got from them and has tried to ram though . I'm embarrassed to be British . Fortunately I don't live in Europe
, but my DNA is British and I'm damned annoyed to see this EU business . As MT said in 1990 , a reunified Germany from the demise of the Soviet Union
is the biggest threat to Europe : so true . They run the place through their Francophile conduits .
Would you say it’s deja vu all over again?

mc6ra0.jpg

108ilj8.jpg

Brexit is a symptom of the problem not the problem itself. The problem is that the UK government, both conservative and labour, has progressively stopped serving the interests of the majority of the population. If we can fix this then sorting out a healthy relationship with Europe whether fully inside the EU or slightly outside will follow. This is the real problem and it is of course not being discussed.

The same here in the US.

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum...-ignoring-the-true-will-of-the-people.225401/

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back