advertisement

Neat motive Sx2

Hello, I had the SX2's for a year or so. I found them quite artifically tinny and never really got on with them. I used them with a NIAM Nait, it was all just dynamics and no body. I think going for a Marantz or NAD like suggested would be a better solution.

Seem like issue with lousy/bad source which a Nait reveal better than Nad/Marantz

A well known scenario, many users forget the importance of source and setting up, resulting in medio/crap result

Seem like issue with lousy/bad source which a Nait reveal better than Nad/Marantz

A well known scenario, many users forget the importance of source and setting up, resulting in medio/crap result

i disagree. The source varied from a Vega streamer to a Marantz SACD player, high quality components. Always the same. Removed the speakers and replaced with some Dynaudios and the Naim became nice to listen too. Went to listen to some Spendors in a dealer recently, and they where pretty poor as well, they didnt rate the Neats at all either. Each to their own.

I have the sx1s in a large room with naim electronics. Best thing I did was remove the spikes (they’re on hard floors). Really fleshed out the sound and I get excellent bass response down to 30hz.

I guess the point I’m making is to experiment with the spikes. It makes a massive difference with bottom ported speakers.

advertisement

Back