advertisement

Detached headshell arm?

mikegreenwood

pfm Member
Thinking of fitting a detachable headshell arm( Rega geometry) to replace my MICHELL TECHNOARM. Need to get into easy cartridge change. Any recommendations appreciated.
The turntable is acrylic so modding it would not be simple.

Thinking of fitting a detachable headshell arm( Rega geometry) to replace my MICHELL TECHNOARM. Need to get into easy cartridge change. Any recommendations appreciated.
The turntable is acrylic so modding it would not be simple.

Sorry I can't help but you'll do well to match the Michell for anywhere near the money

Those new Jelcos look sexy as hell.:)

Unfortunatly, the 9" Jelco tonearms have a pivot to spindle mounting distance requirement of 214mm and require a 30mm mounting hole.

Mike's deck (SRM Tech, IIRC) will have been drilled for 222mm.

It might be difficult if you need a detachable headshell arm that both needs to be 222mm mounting distance and the same mounting hole diameter (23mm?).

Yes Craig your spot on. Not really a turntable that you can take a hole saw or file to. Better if I can look at Rega fit arms, can’t think of a lot to be honest. Rega 200s would I think be a backward step. But! We live in hope.

Vintage tonearm Sony PUA-1600S (not L) has a mounting distance of 222mm and apparently a mounting hole of 20mm (from what I could glean in the Vinyl Engine manual).

Yes Craig your spot on. Not really a turntable that you can take a hole saw or file to. Better if I can look at Rega fit arms, can’t think of a lot to be honest. Rega 200s would I think be a backward step. But! We live in hope.

Don't discount the R200, I had one rewired and fettled by AO and it was really nice. Better than the RB600 I also had at the time.

Don't discount the R200, I had one rewired and fettled by AO and it was really nice. Better than the RB600 I also had at the time.

You can't get the R200 serviced any longer, more's the pity. The RB600 isn't any better than a tecnoarm in my experience either

Hi, Around 45/50mm. Then it’s a solid acrylic base, so the cable has to take a right angle bend. Just get away with the Technoarm .
Rgds mike.

ive done a few r200 arms to factory spec and have loads of the arms as spares if any one wants one fettled or wants one to DIY

just PM me

bw
j7

Hi Johnnie, do you have anything well fettled. ie. cosmetics A1. rewire, bias sorted. Free from earth probs. Earth buzz!
I’m aware R200s have issues but they can be a fine arm when sorted. Look forward to hearing from you.

Rgds Mike.

advertisement

Back