advertisement

Pics of your pets (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you hear the one about the mouse that got away...?

XfXOPu.jpg

JiOoKW.jpg

Styx. She's the third 'Siamese' I've had. Only the first was of the correctly alien kind such as Simon gintonic's Marley & Ziggy. She is obsessed with attacking my bare feet, very precarious in the mornings. She comes for a walk around the farm with me and the dogs every morning.

Ziggy and Marley are our first Siamese cats, and they are certainly more odd, more intelligent and perhaps more playful than other cats we have shared our house with.

Such bizarre creatures, proper Siamese, they are just weird. I miss my weird Siamese cat every day. I used to sit down on the sofa to watch the box, stretch my legs out and park her upside-down, her head down by my feet, and she would go into a trance that she had to fight to get back out of again, not a million miles away from this photo, it reminds me of her. I wish I had more photos of her.

These two must add a huge amount to your lives , Amazing what they get up to
Another great image inside yout jeans

they do - when we got them, we really didn't know how much more precocious, curious and playful, Siamese cats were over other moggies we've had.

For example, the other night Marley, the grey woke us up, making a strange noise. When I put the light on he was spotted running under the bed with a pencil in his mouth. When we checked under the bed we found a stash of 7 pens and pencils he'd stolen!

Ziggy loves to play fetch with the little leaflets you get in over the counter medicines. If you throw a leaflet across the room, he will run and bring it back to. If he brings a leaflet and drops it at your feet, you know he wants to play...

Ziggy loves to play fetch with the little leaflets you get in over the counter medicines. If you throw a leaflet across the room, he will run and bring it back to. If he brings a leaflet and drops it at your feet, you know he wants to play...

Oscar does this with rubber bands. I can shoot one across the room and he'll run and fetch.

His cognitive limitation here is that he looks at my hand when I'm shooting the rubber band, instead of following its expected trajectory. Henry the tuxedo cat often finds the rubber band before Oscar the Siamese, but only Oscar will fetch it. Sometimes Oscar turns up with it days later.

Oscar does this with rubber bands. I can shoot one across the room and he'll run and fetch.

His cognitive limitation here is that he looks at my hand when I'm shooting the rubber band, instead of following its expected trajectory. Henry the tuxedo cat often finds the rubber band before Oscar the Siamese, but only Oscar will fetch it. Sometimes Oscar turns up with it days later.

Ziggy follows the trajectory of the thrown leaflet... we call him "Ziggy dog!" because of his behaviour traits

My Siamese has a thing about those little elastic hair bands. She plays with them for hours, then puts them in the dog's water bowl. Every day, without fail, I find at least one hair band in the water bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back