advertisement

OAP unhurt in car accident

The BBC website competely fails to give us any details of what the other car’s occupants did or didn’t do at Christmas. We need to be told.

Last edited:
My Grandmother's the same age as him.

Not sure I feel the same sentiment (even though she's been paying £1300 a week in private care for the past 5 years)

Am I hallucinating or did I read somewhere that the Monarch can't be prosecuted for any crime? If so does that apply to 97yr old Greek racists?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_immunity

Certainly does apply to 97 year old Greek racists

The monarch is immune from arrest in all cases; members of the royal household are immune from arrest in civil proceedings.[37] No arrest can be made "in the monarch's presence", or within the "verges" of a royal palace. When a royal palace is used as a residence (regardless of whether the monarch is actually living there at the time), judicial processes cannot be executed within that palace.[38]

The monarch's goods cannot be taken under a writ of execution, nor can distress be levied on land in their possession. Chattels owned by the Crown, but present on another's land, cannot be taken in execution or for distress. The Crown is not subject to foreclosure.[39]

advertisement

Back