advertisement

System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bass below 80Hz ish is difficult to localise, but we are well off topic.
If you placed too much absorbent material then there is a chance that the higher frequencies could be over damped , foam/soft furnishings won’t affect bass response.
In terms of reverberation ideally I believe all frequencies would decay at the same rate, usually it is high bass peaks which are the major issue.
Keith

Horn-loaded mid and high frequencies will have narrower dispersion and lower power levels at the first reflection points...no need for a rug...although it would certainly tie the room together.

Also, aren't the higher frequencies the easiest to spatially locate? Since lower frequencies aren't as directional their reflections are likely less of an issue.
With low frequencies the issue is more about the reflections causing peaks and nulls in the response. Placing a couple of 7-inch deep broadband absorbers in the middle of my floor helped to smooth out my low frequency response... not very practical though!

BTW: The Bass from my Odeon No. 28 SE (prototype) is horn loaded/ported mix.

Last edited:
76jn5hi.jpg

My 2 year old daughter's christmas has taken over my listening room.

Bass below 80Hz ish is difficult to localise, but we are well off topic.
If you placed too much absorbent material then there is a chance that the higher frequencies could be over damped , foam/soft furnishings won’t affect bass response.
In terms of reverberation ideally I believe all frequencies would decay at the same rate, usually it is high bass peaks which are the major issue.
Keith
yes, even decay at all FR is the goal.

if one knows what he's doing, very easy to not place too much absorbent material and over damp their room, but still target the detrimental early reflections.

32730364748_99d9f641bb_b.jpg

31663307757_5fa3b49126_b.jpg

45880170484_96fc769dc4_b.jpg

45880164584_7358cc5932_b.jpg

New flat but still waiting for my Acoustic Masterpiece AM201 H, tomorrow I buy my second amp (Primare A30.1) back, can't live without music the whole waiting time.:cool:
are they DIY speakers? they look amazing!

Ive been thinking on building a big hi eff 3 way myself. what drivers did you use?

^^^^^^^^^^
That's a nice system and room Old Valve Guy, shame your housekeeping of cd's isn't up to scatch. :D

I never was tidy . I'm taking that trait to the grave :) I could rip the whole 640 of 'em to HDD , but I'd have nothing to stumble over in the dark ...........

@Ayya Khema : Thank you. No it is from Odeon Audio from Germany, you can buy it (even if it is not listed at the Odeon homepage). It is the follower for the 28.3 and called 28.SE.

This was a prototype design (I know the company owner) which he sold me, the 28.SE has kept the same design style close to the predecessor No 28.3 which is more refined.

https://www.odeon-audio.com/modelle/no-28-3/

76jn5hi.jpg

My 2 year old daughter's christmas has taken over my listening room.

Obviously a rock chick in the making. I can almost picture her pulling one of her bottles of champagne(?) from behind the cuddly - er - thing and taking a swig, then picking up her white bass and practising another thundering riff. I assume the pink goods are there to act as substitute monitor stacks for her to jump off.

Good to see the Arkenhoff ‘two rugs’ system in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back