advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody been able to get audio into and out of an Mdac via android usb?

Last edited:
I've paid a few instalments and bought the "toy kits" more than 5 years ago for some upgrades on my mdac, could someone be kind enough to update me with what's going on recently? Frankly, I don't come here often.

I've paid a few instalments and bought the "toy kits" more than 5 years ago for some upgrades on my mdac, could someone be kind enough to update me with what's going on recently? Frankly, I don't come here often.

The last update was that John was testing the advanced version of the clock and there were problems with the reflow oven.

Hi Stun, txs for the update, some of us are not Facebook user's (for Manny reasons) and a left a bit in the shadow...
Best
Theis

Hi Stun, txs for the update, some of us are not Facebook user's (for Manny reasons) and a left a bit in the shadow...
Best
Theis

He was going to update here with any big news and facebook with smaller updates/details of the process from memory. Not seen him post here since. He is on the forums near enough daily (https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/members/johnw.14119/ - See: JohnW was last seen: Yesterday at 9:06 PM )

https://hifipig.com/stack-audio-link-usb-music-streamer/

"
Stack Audio has spent the last 5 years understanding the effects of phase noise, so John Westlake was the perfect partner to work with for the LINK. John has extensively researched phase noise and its effects on timing accuracy.

At the core of the detox system is an ultra-low phase noise USB audio clock circuit. The ethernet input is synchronised to the audio clock to reduce the small variations in the timing of the digital signals. A dedicated USB audio output buffers the signal to purify it and EMI filter circuitry removes remaining interference. The LINK is powered by an extremely low noise, multi-stage power circuit. Three independent switching regulators are synchronized to the audio clock ensuring that the fluctuations of the switching circuit are in time with the clock, reducing fluctuations and noise. The LINK’s bank of 9 low ESR capacitors and triple linear regulated circuit that further help to ensure the power source is clean.

The LINK’s sensitive electronics are protected in a high-mass case machined from solid aluminium."

https://hifipig.com/stack-audio-link-usb-music-streamer/

"
Stack Audio has spent the last 5 years understanding the effects of phase noise, so John Westlake was the perfect partner to work with for the LINK. John has extensively researched phase noise and its effects on timing accuracy.

At the core of the detox system is an ultra-low phase noise USB audio clock circuit. The ethernet input is synchronised to the audio clock to reduce the small variations in the timing of the digital signals. A dedicated USB audio output buffers the signal to purify it and EMI filter circuitry removes remaining interference. The LINK is powered by an extremely low noise, multi-stage power circuit. Three independent switching regulators are synchronized to the audio clock ensuring that the fluctuations of the switching circuit are in time with the clock, reducing fluctuations and noise. The LINK’s bank of 9 low ESR capacitors and triple linear regulated circuit that further help to ensure the power source is clean.

The LINK’s sensitive electronics are protected in a high-mass case machined from solid aluminium."

There’s more information on the Stack Audio site here

https://stackaudio.co.uk/link/

Apparently it features signal detox of the USB output.

Looks like he's licensed parts of the detox. That's good an income stream frees up resources for us

I hope the pfm mdac shareholders see the benefit of this income stream either financially or in terms of delivered product.

I'd love to see inside.

LINK-Discover-More-Home-Page-Image.png

Best I can do at this time of the year,,

Please share your findings!

Late getting back to you Jansen - but the sMS-200 sPS-500 massively outperforms the Stream Box in all areas without exception in the following context:

I only stream from cloud sources such as Tidal... this is the rest of the chain:

The sMS-200 Ultra + sPS-500 ===> USB/SPDIF converter ===> Goldenote DSS 30i DAC (£3500 new) ===> Yamaha A-S801 amp (£800 new) ===> Gold Note XS 93 speakers (£8000 new).

If I replace the SOtM pair in that same context with the Streambox - there's no contest.

Sorry again for the late response, but I wanted to live with the Streambox for a while before making up my mind. The Streambox represents excellent vfm though!

I've enjoyed this little case of schadenfreude. High horse also comes to mind. We've all been there (well I have).

There's a little 'tell' in the way he pronounced 'not' in his denial...but overall it was very well rehearsed.
Say what?

There’s more information on the Stack Audio site here

https://stackaudio.co.uk/link/

Apparently it features signal detox of the USB output.
I don't know if its just me, but the PCB layout of the 'Link' looks suspiciously like a Lakewest design. John's been hard at work elsewhere, let's hope it pays off for us here.

At £695 its competitive with the streambox, but the build quality especially the solid aluminum chassis looks worth the extra. So this is a Detox + Streamer in a seriously shielded case that looks better than the Detox prototype designed for us.

We just need the new MDAC2 and pair it with the Link and we're there. Maybe the Link lacks the 'decorrelator' capability and anybody waiting just for the ultimate Detox shouldn't buy the Link instead....just yet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back