advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta be Mark Hughes, return of the prodigal son and all that. Perhaps assisted by Roy Keane and Gary Neville. I’ll get me coat. :)

Carrick announced as temporary interim manager.

I’ve just put a fiver on Brendan Rogers at 100/1.

Well, a caretaker manager coming in from outside the club is an interesting move, never heard of that before. Larry White would certainly have the respect of the French contingent, and would settle them down i'd imagine.

Says the man coming on here to comment about United, when was your last post regarding City, fella? .. obsessed much?

He didn't speak volumes about Shitty's loss against Chelsea. In fact he didn't mention it at all. We were back to when we luckily didn't hear anything from him one season to the next.

Sarri said at the beginning of his tenure that Chelsea won't win anything this year. This might be true, but let's see if we buy a class striker during the January transfer window. If we do, I reckon we'll be in with a shout for a trophy.

I won't complain too much if Liverpool win The Premier League. They are the best playing team at the moment, although David Silva is nearly as good as Hazard.

Jack

mqdefault.jpg

but actually a shame to see him go.
Ron Knee (59) is ashen-faced, ready to step-up, and is the bookies favourite.
Get money on it.

I'll laugh if it's podgy Poch.

Jack

Jack I didn’t mention the defeat to the chavs because it was inconsequential.
It was a defeat to a team who are not in the running for anything and only the third defeat in the premier league since January 2017.
It won’t stop City winning the league again this year.

I do believe Moyes’ contract is still running...

LOL

Jack I didn’t mention the defeat to the chavs because it was inconsequential.
It was a defeat to a team who are not in the running for anything and only the third defeat in the premier league since January 2017.
It won’t stop City winning the league again this year.

I do believe Moyes’ contract is still running...

LOL
I doubt that the Liverpool fans regarded Abu Dhabi's defeat at Chelsea as inconsequential - after all it's the reason they're now top of the league.
Hopefully it stays that way until the end of the season - it'll be one less title for the cheating bertie's to be stripped of come the day of reckoning.

Whatever happened to the original Jose when he first came to Chelsea, he had a a vibrancy and a smile on his face. A team with some very good players to which he added more good players and won trophy's.

Now he appears morose and conveys the impression that his best coaching days are behind him.In truth though the two managers who preceded him did not help the situation

In my view even the last Ferguson united team had aged and had started a decline with subsequent managers not buying united type players.I know its looking backwards but Sheringham, Giggs,Scholes and similar players gave you consistency of performance .Players such as Smalling ( fouling on legs) and Lukaku and Fellaini ,what are they even doing at united.
I suspect that now for the first time in years even the lower teams are not that bothered about playing united

The only surprise here is how long it took for MU to decide to move on. During the LFC match, the commentators repeatedly noticed how disorganized and out of position MU was on defense. That came down to coaching. They also noted poor on-field communications, which likely came down more to the players.

Will be fascinating to watch how the MU players now respond. Am sure there are quite a few who will be hell bent on proving Mourinho was the problem.

Roberto Martinez has experience in England and a growing reputation with Belgium. He has probably taken them as far as they can go, and he seems to be able to get Lukaku to play well.

Belgium underperformed in the World Cup though.

Has Martinez won anything? I think that matters a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back