advertisement

What are you listening to right now #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rickie Lee Jones - 'live at red rocks' on CD. Perhaps not the greatest of recordings, but unfettered excitement when played very LOUD! SWMBO's out;).

Rediscovered 'Stargazer' by Rainbow after about 30 years....and it blew my mind. Epic is the right word for it IMO. I played it three times last night and enjoyed it immensely, I was transported to another world. Played it loud as I could take. If you can suggest something similar I'd appreciate it.

Rediscovered 'Stargazer' by Rainbow after about 30 years....and it blew my mind. Epic is the right word for it IMO. I played it three times last night and enjoyed it immensely, I was transported to another world. Played it loud as I could take. If you can suggest something similar I'd appreciate it.

I applaud from the wings, but;

You have to play Light in the Black with it. They're a matched pair.

Unfortunately, there's nothing quite like it. Have you heard Symphony & Metallica (S&M)? Some of the tracks there get quite close, but without Cozy's unique brand of thunder ...

I applaud from the wings, but;

You have to play Light in the Black with it. They're a matched pair.

Unfortunately, there's nothing quite like it. Have you heard Symphony & Metallica (S&M)? Some of the tracks there get quite close, but without Cozy's unique brand of thunder ...
Hey, thanks for the recommendations, can't wait to play them. I've not come across Symphony but have listened to some Metallica but nothing of theirs grips me. I'll check out Symphony.

The closest I can think of is Space Station Number 5 by Montrose and Angel by Angel. Maybe Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain too. There must be something from Hawkwind.

Cheers!

4Fz5RMq.jpg

Cheers BB

Currently making my way through the rough trade albums of the year, Interpol's offering currently playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back