advertisement

ID a ‘shroom?

Why do I bother warning people about getting too close to singularities when they're gonna do whatever they damn well please.

I mean, Tony's been sucked in and has turned into a fly! This tragedy could have been avoided, fishies.

Joe

Steve,
It's the North American opossum, a marsupial found here rather than down under. I call the big one bitey.
Joe
Hmm. Thanks Joe, I'll pass on keeping that as a pet. I'm more of a dog man. Mind you, I did meet a very friendly horse earlier when I was out running. He was all right.

Extra photos help but I wish you'd tried just breaking the gills slightly to see if any 'milk' came out. Still there's some slug damage which doesn't appear to have brought forth a 'milky exudate', so I'm leaning away from Laccaria. (Milk Caps) Also because they tend to have ring shaped zones on the top of the cap and other features which I'm not seeing. So my money is still on one of the larger Clitocybes. such as C.flaccida. There are evidently 58 species in Britain but my books only cover about half of them.

Mushrooms are weird things. Growing in a field . Minding their own business.

Why not just leave them alone?

Now that this conversation has reached Fourth Form level...

iu

One of the worst things that happened to photography (photo - light - graph - painting) was that images can now be manipulated / bellendulated to look like anything.

All a bit sad really.

One of the worst things that happened to photography (photo - light - graph - painting) was that images can now be manipulated / bellendulated to look like anything.

All a bit sad really.

A bit similar to pencil and paper? Brush and canvas?

Get over it. The antelope on cave walls didn’t look quite like that!

With an overly caramelised coating.

Hey I have a lot of Mush Rooms in my lawn at the mo. Top dressed with Jacks Magic compost after it completely died out after that long hot summer we had. 20 bags of it I spread. After spiking it. Was bloody hard work. Don't know why I bother tbh.

Anyways. Some weird looking things that I've never seen the likes of before have grown.

A bit like female genitalia they look like.

Maybe I should take some pics and share this.

Hey I have a lot of Mush Rooms in my lawn at the mo. Top dressed with Jacks Magic compost after it completely died out after that long hot summer we had. 20 bags of it I spread. After spiking it. Was bloody hard work. Don't know why I bother tbh.

Anyways. Some weird looking things that I've never seen the likes of before have grown.

please do. A selfie of you tonguing it, would be arousing

All a bit sad really.

It is a genuine image of Mutinus Elegans. The Dog Stinkhorn. I'm sorry if it doesn't meet with your approval.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutinus_elegans

220px-Mutinus_ravenelii_01.jpg

Looks rather like a variety of stinkhorn mushroom to me...

It is indeed.

Feel free. I'd suspect you are seeing peziza species, or maybe aleuria. Or it's just your fevered brain.

I wouldn't worry.

advertisement

Back