advertisement

Cool cardioid demonstration

I will try and replicate this at home and post the result, the setting won’t be quite as scenic though.
Keith

I will try and replicate this at home and post the result, the setting won’t be quite as scenic though.
Keith
Would be interesting to see the same thing, but in a room with the speakers in a reasonably normal position. Also with tones - say 50/100/200Hz

What would one usually expect the radiated level differential to be on a none cardioid speaker? (When measured in free air)

Yes, used a lot for live sound, the Kiis,Gradient and 8Cs cardioid response is based through the mids, Geithain’s through the bass.
It is very worthwhile imho.
Keith

Yes, used a lot for live sound, the Kiis,Gradient and 8Cs cardioid response is based through the mids, Geithain’s through the bass.
It is very worthwhile imho.
Keith

I thought the rear drivers were supposed to be playing too but in anti-phase to the front drivers. How come we couldn’t hear much from the rear then?

The Kiis use a so-hisiticated crossover design to sand a delayed signal to cancel, and the Dutch&Dutch 8Vs use their enclosure to send a delayed signal, the result essentially of both and the Gradients too, is that most of the sound comes out of the front.
More direct and less reflected sound makes super transparent reproduction , complete phase coherence, DSP crossover , boundary coupling and wide,even dispersion also helps.
Keith

advertisement

Back