advertisement

Best buy interconnect cables

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
IMHO, the last Linn (black) T-Kable is Mogami and definitvely worst than the previous (grey) T-Kable (still supplied as standard on the Akito arms).

M.

I tried various other types of Mogami and some Van Damme + other cheapish (and one expensive} makes and the 2534 simply works in my rather characterful system. The wind and string sections of an orchestra sound tonally accurate, focussed and lively. Kontak is magic...:D

By "Best Buy" I assume best bang per buck, so you really should get into knocking up your own interconnects, it's dead easy. Being able to solder's an essential skill for any hi-fi enthusiast worth their salt. IMO of course...

I use Mogami W2549, bought from HHB.co.uk, & use any good quality plugs. It's really, really good! Or if you want the best, you could always lash out on Chord Music or Super Sarum, but they're quite dear...

If by 'best buy' you mean in terms of value, I really rate Duelund DCA16GA for both interconnect and speaker cables in a suitable system.

Hifi Collective will supply complete cables or a kit and a video of how to assemble the latter.

Ridiculously good value IMO.

Noooo!!! don't...!!!!

Shit..too late.. all the lights are back on...

You do realise that flashbacks are the hippy equivalent of PTSD.. don't you?

Is there any point in paying to have cables expensively terminated if the instalation is a semi permanent one? My components tend to remain untouched for several years. What is wrong with bare wire?

Having asked the above, I should mention I have just found it easier and cheaper to source 'bought in error' terrminated interconnects than buy legths of cable.

Uh... Well the i/cs are unscreened so that may be an issue in some circumstances. And I wouldn't use the speaker cable to connect Apogees to a huge Krell.

Oh god, here we go.

Anything that doesn't cost over 20 quid second hand
I use the cheap Chord stuff to good effect.

advertisement

Back