advertisement

The classical what are you listening to now ? thread.

Early Music - Chominciamento di gioia - Virtuoso dance-music from the time of Boccaccio's Decamerone

Ensemble Unicorn

Schoenberg - Moses und Aron . After trying 3 others I realised that the Pierre Boulez BBC Symphony Orchestra version was the one to have by a large margin

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000025JO0/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Strangely this CD, bought recently second hand, is the performance I have on LPs bought many, many years ago:)

Magic

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Janacek String Quartets - Skampa Quartet - this is my 3rd recording of these and by far the sharpest, acerbic yet warm.

Magic Flute- the beautiful Les Arts Florissants / William Christie recording on Erato. It must have been great on stage.

I'm currently enjoying this orchestra-lite version of Das Lied Von Der Erde. Although it's scaled back compared to the full score, all the ingredients are there all the same, but smoother. Smooth like a Sunday morning smoothie :)

41bNegrjkwL._AC_US218_.jpg

Is it for chamber orchestra Derek?
I'm currently enjoying this orchestra-lite version of Das Lied Von Der Erde. Although it's scaled back compared to the full score, all the ingredients are there all the same, but smoother. Smooth like a Sunday morning smoothie :)

41bNegrjkwL._AC_US218_.jpg
Is it for chamber orchestra Derek? You often get insights to the score from orchestral and piano reductions that you’d never otherwise get.

advertisement

Back