advertisement

WTD: Cambridge Audio CD2 service manual

Mike P

Trade: Pickwell Audio
I've just bought a Cambridge Audio CD2 which has several faults and I'm looking for a copy of the service manual/schematic.

If anyone here has a copy they wouldn't mind sharing with me I'd be most appreciative.

CD3 schematics on hifiengine are same shift register & DAC PCBs I think - from my research CD3 was supposed to be a better engineered solution of the CD2 (which got bad press for reliability from memory).

Hi Richard, I've downloaded the CD3 schematic from HiFi Engine. It'd still be nice to get a copy of the CD2 schematic if anyone has it.

Cambridge Audio are very good at supplying legacy service manuals. Full credit to them for this. I've just been sent one for the 851E -a very recent product that has only just gone out of production. Must confess this attitude is very refreshing.

Check their website as they expressly cater for service manuals on the site. Whether they have them for the CD2 of corse is another matter, but if they do I think they'd email it to you.

CD3 schematics on hifiengine are same shift register & DAC PCBs I think - from my research CD3 was supposed to be a better engineered solution of the CD2 (which got bad press for reliability from memory).

Having owned this model in the past l agree, brilliant sound and looks mind.

advertisement

Back