advertisement

Teddy Pardo PR1 vs Naim NAC252

I’d say the preamp will make the biggest difference.
I too had naim and run the upgrade ladder and later decided on Avondale audio which improved my listening experience dramatically as I’m sure the teddy’s will for you.
Looking forward to hearing what you think about the preamp.

I’d say the preamp will make the biggest difference.
I too had naim and run the upgrade ladder and later decided on Avondale audio which improved my listening experience dramatically as I’m sure the teddy’s will for you.
Looking forward to hearing what you think about the preamp.

Yes, I am really curious about it.
Actually the PR1 is (since 2 weeks) on the way to Germany.
I am not sure, if this is normal for a transportation by plane.

Yes, I am really curious about it.
Actually the PR1 is (since 2 weeks) on the way to Germany.
I am not sure, if this is normal for a transportation by plane.

Have you got a tracking number ? I’ve never purchased from so far afield so not entirely sure what time frame is usual.

Have you got a tracking number ? I’ve never purchased from so far afield so not entirely sure what time frame is usual.

Yes, I got the tracking number.
It stops at the international transportation point in Sydney.
I will wait one more week before I contact the seller.

I replaced my 52/SC/135 combo with a Rega Osiris many years ago. I have NBLs and Osiris drives them much better.

I also thought about a Rega Osiris, but I wasn‘t sure, if this will bring back the missing speed and punch.
How is the soundstage compared with the Naim gear?

It was a long time ago when I did the switch, there was a slight difference in presentation that I normalized to very fast. The Osiris drove my NBLs much better it was like a huge amp upgrade, better everything and smoother because it did it with ease. I used the money I pulled out and upgraded my tt source so everything improved from there. That was when some Naim owners of the top equipment 552/500 made the same move without regret, dig into older posts. The Osiris comes with a lifetime guarantee as well, it along with my NBLs are permanent fixtures in my system. No desire or interest in changing.

I was caught in the Naim trap best way to improve my 52/SC/135 combo with NBLs was the 500! The Osiris provided that answer with an upgrades tt source and $ in my pocket. Moved from 4 boxes to 1.

Last edited:
It was a long time ago when I did the switch, there was a slight difference in presentation that I normalized to very fast. The Osiris drove my NBLs much better it was like a huge amp upgrade, better everything and smoother because it did it with ease. I used the money I pulled out and upgraded my tt source so everything improved from there. That was when some Naim owners of the top equipment 552/500 made the same move without regret, dig into older posts. The Osiris comes with a lifetime guarantee as well, it along with my NBLs are permanent fixtures in my system. No desire or interest in changing.

I was caught in the Naim trap best way to improve my 52/SC/135 combo with NBLs was the 500! The Osiris provided that answer with an upgrades tt source and $ in my pocket. Moved from 4 boxes to 1.

It seams so, that the Osiris isn‘t such popular in Germany. I tried to find some tests or comments in German forums, but that wasn‘t very informative. First time I got real good and helpful comments were only in this forum. That‘s the reason, why I try to handle my Problems with Teddy. But your way is also interesting, because I could save a lot of space on my racks. We will see. I will keep it in my mind.

I bought a used st60 to supplement my Nap160 in driving my SBLs. Later bought a nap180 and much prefer the midrange of either Naim amp. Piano in particular is easier on my ears with the Naim, whereas the ST60 reminds me a bit of modern Linn amps in this particular regard. I am using SET valves in my main system though, and suspect I'm reacting to the intense feedback used in the to60s chip amps. I recognise everything else thats been descibed elsewhere, though, larger soundstage, much deeper bass with immense grip, more details, etc.

It seams so, that the Osiris isn‘t such popular in Germany. I tried to find some tests or comments in German forums, but that wasn‘t very informative. First time I got real good and helpful comments were only in this forum. That‘s the reason, why I try to handle my Problems with Teddy. But your way is also interesting, because I could save a lot of space on my racks. We will see. I will keep it in my mind.

Steve, the new Lejonklou Boazu integrated amp gets excellent views, have yet to hear it myself, but one shelf only in a rack

I bought a used st60 to supplement my Nap160 in driving my SBLs. Later bought a nap180 and much prefer the midrange of either Naim amp. Piano in particular is easier on my ears with the Naim, whereas the ST60 reminds me a bit of modern Linn amps in this particular regard. I am using SET valves in my main system though, and suspect I'm reacting to the intense feedback used in the to60s chip amps. I recognise everything else thats been descibed elsewhere, though, larger soundstage, much deeper bass with immense grip, more details, etc.

Yes, the NAP200 is also more midrange, but I like more the way the teddy‘s play.

Steve, the new Lejonklou Boazu integrated amp gets excellent views, have yet to hear it myself, but one shelf only in a rack

Hi Per, I also read the review on HifiCritic, but i am not sure, if the 40W each will be enough to drive my 805D2. If you heard it, please keep me updated.

Same with me, PR1 switched in from 282 was jaw dropping - not better or worse but significantly different. Took some getting used to after 20 + Naim years in various guises

The PR1 arrived. He is under Power since Thursday.
Yesterday I got also the Powercord cable. I had a few
sound tests with well known songs.

The soundstage was increasing once more. Bass also.
I am really suprised. Every instrument and voice are clear
defined in the room. No harsh treble.
I thought, that I lost some details. So I used the 252/SC
once more - nothing! But what I really realized was, that soundstage
was small and definition wasn‘t as clear as with Teddy.

Test will go on, but I am sure, I will know the result.

The PR1 arrived. He is under Power since Thursday.
Yesterday I got also the Powercord cable. I had a few
sound tests with well known songs.

The soundstage was increasing once more. Bass also.
I am really suprised. Every instrument and voice are clear
defined in the room. No harsh treble.
I thought, that I lost some details. So I used the 252/SC
once more - nothing! But what I really realized was, that soundstage
was small and definition wasn‘t as clear as with Teddy.

Test will go on, but I am sure, I will know the result.
Hello All,

Signed up just to learn about this comparison because I'm looking to do the same.

How's it going after running a few days?

advertisement

Back