advertisement

Trump Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s an interesting concept I hadn’t considered- that the prosecutor only requires a certain amount of hired help and after that the others get to stay inside the burning building. There must then be a point at which paid for legal advice says ‘you should step forward now to volunteer without being asked’.

Yes. That's basically how you do a mob case. Start at the bottom with some guy you have bang to rights. He then gets to flip on people the next level up, who then are bang to rights and get to flip on the next level, etc. etc. But at any one level your window to make a deal only lasts as long as the prosecutor needs you.

The adjunct to this is that someone like Manafort can either trade 1 from a level up (i.e Trump) but might also be able to trade 3 from the same level (Jared, Bannon and Prince) depending on where Mueller is in proving those cases.

The relevant Seth threads are here:

"What cooperation might mean"
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1040629762069291009

"Updates after it came out that Manafort had flipped, flipped"
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1040672291863060480
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1040675306779144192

Twitter is the current pinnacle of democratized information. In neutered yelling at a cloud old man speak, people will look back one day and wonder how great societies ceded control and aggregation of what constitutes pertinent information to an anyone can play Up/Down vote system supported by online commerce.

Translation:

We are on a fast track to living on the equivalent of the planet depicted in series 1, episode 7 of 'The Orville' entitled 'Majority Rule'.

That is, assuming we all don't get 'down voted' to death by frontal lobotomy first, such that no one is left with the necessary faculties to look back and wonder how society went wrong.

Last edited:
Craig,

We are on a fast track to living on the planet depicted in series 1, episode 7 of 'The Orville' entitled 'Majority Rule'.
I thought that episode of The Orville was very good. It wasn't quite Trek at its finest — say, City on the Edge of Forever — but it was at least as solid as The Doomsday Machine.

Joe

Joe,

I would have pulled the young Edith Keeler off the road and let history take whatever course it liked...

joan-collins-swimsuit.jpg

Craig

Stormzy Daniels is great. I think I could have done without knowing some of these details but she made me laugh and one has to know how much it will have annoyed the feck out of the Cheeto Benito :)

Michael Avenatti sure does know which side of the bed has the Cheeto's stain on...

"The most important thing about the book was “not the description of her sex with Mr Trump”. It was, he said, “her description of her life and role as a modern woman unafraid to speak truth to power”.

Then again, when was the last time we heard this about a POTUS?...

“I lay there, annoyed that I was getting <bleeped> by a guy with Yeti pubes and a dick like the mushroom character in Mario Kart."

Priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back