advertisement

Do I need a Carl Zeiss Distagon C 40mm f/4 lens?

Does Joe need a Carl Zeiss Distagon C 40mm f/4 lens

• Hey, I thought ordered a chez burger.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cesare,

If I were rich I'd do a photo room Oprah, giving away lenses.

giphy.gif

YOU get a Carl Zeiss Distagon C 40mm f/4 lens! And YOU get a Carl Zeiss Distagon C 40mm f/4 lens! And YOU get a Carl Zeiss Distagon C 40mm f/4 lens!

Joe

Cesare,

No, not yet. I'm waiting for a few more votes, but as of this morning just buy it, bonehead is in the lead!

Joe

You know you want it.

If you don't buy it, it may end up in the hands of the enemy. You have to save it.

I just bought a 50mm lens that makes about 6 I have now, so what are you waiting for Joe? crowdfunding ;-)

Pete

The Zeiss 50/4.0 for the Blad is the best lens ever made, in my estimation. Never tried the 40 though.

Pete,

I'm totally open to crowdfunding this. I'm setting up a page on GoLensMe.com.

Joe

OK, my fishies. The logic of your argument — just buy it, bonehead! — has persuaded me.

However, cabbage is a bit tight at the moment, so I asked my local camera guy if he will hold it for me until I've saved the clams. He's cool with that so that's the plan. When I get the lens I'll take a picture of it beside my cat and post it here so you know they exist.

In the meantime...

8251_04.jpg

What really cool with these lenses is how the depth-of-field indicators move (red thingies above) as you change aperture.

Joe

I thought I'd start another poll, but maybe it's better to ask here in the thread.

Should the first picture taken be...

∆ Of the 40mm lens beside my cat
∆ My garage and driveway

Joe

Yank,

Have you mounted it onto a camera and looked through it?
Nope, I prefer to be surprised.

(This shop is so fair and honest that I have no concerns. If the lens is a dud or defective, they'll refund my cabbage on the spot.)

Joe

Amar,

The price is very good, so it's low risk, In fact, if it turns out I don't use the 40mm lens much I'm sure I could sell it for what I paid, with enough cabbage left over to buy a pizza or some cabbage rolls.

Joe

What really cool with these lenses is how the depth-of-field indicators move (red thingies above) as you change aperture.

Joe
That is about the coolest feature I've ever seen on a lens. Though probably not conceived with field use in mind. Apart from the kind that involved station wagons, heavy wooden tripods, and assistants.

advertisement

Back